Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few observations so far:

1. The knees on mine are fine. Not so stiff as to feel like i need to break them to bend them (like Iron Monger), but good enough to keep him standing.

2. The wrist plate / hand guard on mine was stuck-on due to the paint and because its a softer vinyl piece. I used a finger nail clipper cuticle pusher thing to separate the vinyl cuff from the light post/wrist peg by wedging it in between the cuff and the wrist peg. Once i did that, the hand guard slipped right off without any damage.

3. The elbow joint is rubber which is why it doesn't match quite right. Not sure if that was mentioned already. If it was, somehow i missed that.

4. Holy crap this guy has a ton of pieces. I though my IM2 Mark VI had options. Amazing. Expensive, but amazing.

5. Of all the HT Iron Man figures i've bought, (and at one time or another, i've had them all) this guy is by far the most enjoyable to pose and switch out pieces. So far he has the best range of motion and swapping out pieces doesn't feel like i'm going to break something with every tug. Very well thought out. Even switching arms and shoulder pads was easy and didn't feel like anything was going to snap.

I hope #2 was clear. Really any flat, thin, piece of metal should be able to separate the hand guard cuff from the wrist peg.

Last edited:
A few quick shots. I thought I was gonna pose him standing in the repulsor blast pose, but once i started swapping out pieces I found out i really like him flying. Maybe because he's the only Mark that can do it well, but i think its pretty badass. Sure the neck joint gets a little janky looking from underneath, but head on, it's awesome.

5D3_6597.jpg by SteveDupuy, on Flickr

5D3_6591.jpg by SteveDupuy, on Flickr

5D3_6590.jpg by SteveDupuy, on Flickr

I guess they will be charging for mine soon. Though I don't have the full amount in my bank account right now I will have it in there tomorrow. Wish I knew when they where going to charge me though I guess I could send them a message and ask. Maybe I'll end up getting Kathy :).

Why is this guy going for so much? I had a guy offer me one for $600 in trade. Is it because he hasn't hit the states that much yet?

Got mine yesterday. Excellent figure. But I won't use the BD parts. Because it won't make an even BD all around the figure. There are still lots of area are too clean and shiny. Only the chest plate is the most severe. that the shoulders, some of the arms. The whole back, the abdominal ect area are clean. On the other hand, the Movie promo version would be ideal. I will just display him clean and shiny.

Got mine yesterday. Excellent figure. But I won't use the BD parts. Because it won't make an even BD all around the figure. There are still lots of area are too clean and shiny. Only the chest plate is the most severe. that the shoulders, some of the arms. The whole back, the abdominal ect area are clean. On the other hand, the Movie promo version would be ideal. I will just display him clean and shiny.

Agreed. Once the movie promo edition gets here, this guy will be going clean and pristine and staying that way. I figure this gives me a month or two to enjoy the BD parts before they go back in the box for good.

Nice assessment and breakdown, SimpleCRIPPLE. 'Much appreciated. :duff And your quick shots are better than my at-length shots. -__-" lol

A few quick shots. I thought I was gonna pose him standing in the repulsor blast pose, but once i started swapping out pieces I found out i really like him flying. Maybe because he's the only Mark that can do it well, but i think its pretty badass. Sure the neck joint gets a little janky looking from underneath, but head on, it's awesome.

5D3_6597.jpg by SteveDupuy, on Flickr

5D3_6591.jpg by SteveDupuy, on Flickr

5D3_6590.jpg by SteveDupuy, on Flickr

I like the flying poses.... By the looks of it, he balances really well on his display stand.

got mine on tuesday, love it and will be taking more photos tomorrow

9157341722_ff59fc6158_k.jpg

Would be nice if this comes with "waist grip" type of stand, like a couple of the previous releases, so we could do a "flight post". And all we have to do is add a piece of foam on the inner side of the grip so that it won't scratch the paint.

Okay, I just packed up my Mark VI in anticipation of the arrival of the regular Mark VII (okay, maybe in a month or two)...as I only have very limited space on my bookshelf (now my AVG BW stands alone)...the pix here have been great...thanks everyone!

Last edited:
Ropen, you mean the regular? That means he is about three weeks out from the US...the dx11 was a whole month diffrence from ex to reg in the us.

Back