Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But I see the Promo mark VII doesn't have the hidden weapons on the shoulder? Yeah, one more reason I love mark VII is because of this, just like War machine from IM 2.

But I see the Promo mark VII doesn't have the hidden weapons on the shoulder? Yeah, one more reason I love mark VII is because of this, just like War machine from IM 2.

Parts on MMS 185 are modular and can achieve MMS 196 looks but without the added BD paint and decals.

All have been discussed before... All MMS 196 really bring is a dead Chitauri base & a helmeted HS

Parts on MMS 185 are modular and can achieve MMS 196 looks but without the added BD paint and decals.

All have been discussed before... All MMS 196 really bring is a dead Chitauri base

not the first time a figure's value was inflated due to hype. i think the head sculpt is also a new RDJ portrait, although it hasn't been revealed as far as i know.

Could be one that comes with Mk. 42 also.... or a novel one
521697_10151345053412344_337985765_n.jpg

edit: Mk. 42 appears to be another sculpt..
FIG-KAI-5184_06.jpg

Last edited:
Though scot's post should really just remind me how cool this figure is, it mostly reminds me how horrible that Stark head is. WTF, Hot Toys? With all their resources, and all the great sculptors at their disposal, they still haven't been able to capture this guy's likeness after umpteen tries. More Johnny Depp than RDJ.

I'm not a fan of the smirking expression but I felt that this was their best go at his likeness so far. What's pissing me off is it seems that the production piece is falling far from what we see in these promo pics. I've seen a handful of pics from Asian cons of the piece on display and the sculpt looks atrocious. I haven't seen a really clear shot yet but from what I've seen in pics that were distant, he looks like a comic book version of Stark rather than RDJ. So dissapointing :mad:

Does anyone have clear pics of the production sculpt displayed at these Asian events?

If its going to show up at our homes as it appears in those pics and not how it looks in these protos, I'm gonna be livid. They did the same thing to us with Widow. She has a killer likeness in the proto pics but the eyes on the production piece look nothing like SJH and definitely nothing like what we saw in the original pics.

Lately they've been delivering exactly what they advertised... or better! The DX07, DX08, DX09, Dx11, DX12, the Cap Evans sculpt and all other recent releases showed up exactly as advertised and they even improved on the DX10 and Thor. The really pulled a bit and switch on Widow and I hope that they're not pulling the same s__t here

Could be one that comes with Mk. 42 also.... or a novel one
521697_10151345053412344_337985765_n.jpg

edit: Mk. 42 appears to be another sculpt..
FIG-KAI-5184_06.jpg

I hope that's they way it actually ends up. It would be nice if the BD came with its own unique sculpt so there would actually be real exclusivity instead of Frankensteining parts from a few different sets

Not the first time HT will have done this though is it so there is a possiblity SS get it before HK. Didn't it happen with Indy?

That's what I'm hoping for. In the interview with the producers of Iron Man 3 last week (can't remember their names), Hot Toys said the had shipped some and to expect them soon. Hoping they will be here this week or next :pray:

I hope that's they way it actually ends up. It would be nice if the BD came with its own unique sculpt so there would actually be real exclusivity instead of Frankensteining parts from a few different sets

I am afraid the head will be the same. Check both pictures carefully instead the different angle. I see the same head, :(

That's what I'm hoping for. In the interview with the producers of Iron Man 3 last week (can't remember their names), Hot Toys said the had shipped some and to expect them soon. Hoping they will be here this week or next :pray:

Just called SS. They say HT told them sometime in June. So we're still waiting I'm afraid. The waitlist conversions have nothing to do with the arrival to the warehouse.

I think it is the same sculpt just painted differently...I think they are using the Mark XLII helmet sculpt on the BD Mark VII.

They are actually two different heads. The 42 faceplate has two running lines down the faceplate grooved between the eyes and if you look at the sides of the mask on the 42 there are two distinct lines that cut the 42 much sharper than the Mark VII.

Can't see it from here but the pics that show a side view for each head shows they are different.

My waitlist also converted. I think sideshow does this on purpose to get more
Orders. It's all part of the plan.

Back