Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's in stock in HK now. Well at least according to the HK EBay sellers.

Not according to any of the ones I regularly use he's not (and they're the most widely known ones)

If he was out in HK then OMG and the rest of the bloggers would of plastered facebook with pictures first thing this morning and they haven't :lecture

Not according to any of the ones I regularly use he's not (and they're the most widely known ones)

If he was out in HK then OMG and the rest of the bloggers would of plastered facebook with pictures first thing this morning and they haven't :lecture

looks like the listing was taken down, but I for sure saw it last night.

Then I wonder why his cape is always tore on comic book covers? :cuckoo:

Ah, the proverbial dramatic effect I guess. :lol

It's made from indestructible Kryptonian fabric. While it *cannot be destroyed*, it can *be damaged*. It just heals itself. It takes a lot of force to tear it, but even if extensively damaged, it can regrow itself from the tiniest fragment.

I'd love to have a modern Superman comic that strips him down to the original Hulk-esque super power of just being really strong and tough. He can jump really far not fly and doesn't have all the crazy heat and cold powers.

I'd love to have a modern Superman comic that strips him down to the original Hulk-esque super power of just being really strong and tough. He can jump really far not fly and doesn't have all the crazy heat and cold powers.

I have to say that for most situations, Superman is hopelessly overpowered.
It's the main reason i prefer the New 52 Supes. He's powerful, but still really discovering his power's true extent.
What most summed it up for me is a quote from The Justice League. Superman is fighting Darkseid. Darkseid mentions the fight is hopeless, but Superman says:
"Me? I've got a different problem. I feel like I live in a world made of cardboard. Always taking constant care not to break something. To break someone. Never allowing myself to lose control, even for a moment, or someone could die.
But you can take it, can't ya, big man? What we have here is a rare opportunity for me to cut loose, and show you just how powerful I really am!"

My take on it is that Superman, being the most noble of characters, has to pull his punches so much in normal day to day, even fighting baddies, he doesn't want to kill them, so he holds waaay back. Imagine if you had the strength to throw the earth into the sun if you wanted to. It would take incredible finesse of that power to type on a computer keyboard and not send your fingers through the desk when you started typing hard...
In any case, the point i am trying to make is that it is in the reigning in of those incredible powers that show Superman's true strength.

I agree, the most interesting Superman stories to me are always the ones that address that aspect. Actually that's pretty true of all superhero stories for me. Part of what I like so much about the not-so-well-liked Dark Knight Strikes Again is the relish Miller takes in presenting each of the freed heroes as god-like beings of immense power. In particular I like how Plastic Man is described…

Like a baby born without any skin… like a soul puked up out of the depths of hell… he screams loud and vengeful, endlessly vengeful. Dibny doesn't stand a chance. Not a chance. Not against him. He could kill us all. For him it would be easy. He could kill us all. It'd be easy.

There's no end to what he can do. Whatever he imagines… whatever flickers across his subconscious… he becomes. Eel O'Brien. Plastic Man. Immeasurably powerful. Absolutely nuts.

Yes. I say bring on the most absurd powers.
For a great comic is about the hero deliberating over how much force he should really apply to a situation.

:exactly: And I recall from reading Supes comics from years ago, he struggles with this decision from time to time. Makes him that more interesting, especially knowing his "humanity" prevents him from completely trashing one opponent to the next.

I just wish Hot Toys would hurry up and get this figure out so now that they've started this die-cast crap I can start spending my money on other lines or something all together different. :gah:

166713_447605865318307_1287738166_n.jpg

Still not sure whether to get this or the HT version....It's just that the proportions are freaking perfect compared to HT...

This is superb.And really appreciated by me who,despite living,drinking and breathing Iron Man for the longest time now and studying "The art of the Avengers" many times,still had no rea idea of all the various pods and weaponry of the Mark VII Armour and exactly what bits popped off where and how.

Back