Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just want the Mark VI Promo for the box to add with my Avengers collection. But that figure is so expensive.

I picked it up because i was looking for a stark HS the same week this came up for PO and the promo was only $80 more than what most HS were going for.

Well iron patriot is 310 bucks thats nothing really new,
ht's already has other figures that are that much and aren't even worth it(Hulk comes to mind).

Wait until the price for the MK 42. it should be more like the Mark VII with all the accessories and battle damage. It will probably be more in $350 to $370 range i would think

Sees price point of where the Ironman line is going

tumblr_lu4vxz52Y01qee7ixo1_250.gif

Welp its been a fun ride ole chaps. Officially done with Ironman after I score a MK III. At these price points collecting them is no longer fun.

I picked it up because i was looking for a stark HS the same week this came up for PO and the promo was only $80 more than what most HS were going for.

Wait until the price for the MK 42. it should be more like the Mark VII with all the accessories and battle damage. It will probably be more in $350 to $370 range i would think

That's ridiculous! That's 1/4 scale price and isn't justifiable, if it cost that much i wont even buy.

I have more issue with the diecast than the price. The diecast like rubber bodies is just a no-go for me. It's a stupid material to make toys out of and I don't understand the appeal.

You want to see what your Die-cast Ironman figures will be like in a few years look at old tin and metal toys from the 50's to the 70's. Paint worn off, rust, loose parts, and open gaps didn't come from years of play, most of those toys were well taking care of, and it didn't take decade for it to happen. Some have looked like crap for years; it was the material that made them look like you see them. Plastic may not be perfect either, but metal and Die-cast toys of just pieces of junk waiting to happen.

I just did a Google Image search for "chipped diecast" and the diecast Iron Patriot was the first image that came up!

Come on guys, don't pretend it's the end! Mark VII is and always will be a great looking piece no matter how the diecast catches on. We basically only know of 2 diecast pieces after we've seen how many plastic Iron Men? It'll be alright I promise!:clap

Look at my mind altering collection!!!

Crazy. Love it!

I just did a Google Image search for "chipped diecast" and the diecast Iron Patriot was the first image that came up!

:rotfl You can always pretend it's battle damaged!

Hi. Just a quick question.

I dont know what to get the boyfriend for his birthday. He has a war machine and MK IV.

Should i get him a MK VII or MK II?

Ask him, or ask him what one he likes better. The mk2 is out now and can be found at a discount. The mk7 not till may.

Rust will be the main issue for collectors living in places with a humid environment... The figure will last at most 1 year before rust sets in.

I still have some nascar from 93/4 ncca. Nice, but from 97 and up not so good. I live in California.

Sees price point of where the Ironman line is going

tumblr_lu4vxz52Y01qee7ixo1_250.gif

Welp its been a fun ride ole chaps. Officially done with Ironman after I score a MK III. At these price points collecting them is no longer fun.

One company comes to mind.

RCCA

I watched the car's being sold as low number. Needing to be a member. To being sold. Well let's just say no more. And yes there's problems with them. My gf C3PO came with a broken cut wire. She paid ssc $445.13.

You want to see what your Die-cast Ironman figures will be like in a few years look at old tin and metal toys from the 50's to the 70's. Paint worn off, rust, loose parts, and open gaps didn't come from years of play, most of those toys were well taking care of, and it didn't take decade for it to happen. Some have looked like crap for years; it was the material that made them look like you see them. Plastic may not be perfect either, but metal and Die-cast toys of just pieces of junk waiting to happen.

Most of those toys that decomposed from the 50's to the 70's were kept in backyard storage, exposed garages, etc over the years. And during their "play-lifespan", they were also exposed to the elements by kids whether playing with them in dirt, in a bathtub or pool, or just out and about in the sun. They weren't kept indoors 24/7, meticulously cared for because of display purposes, or were stored in collector style boxes.

Many of the die-cast toys from the 70's and 80's like Japanese robots, Chogokins and Transformers are still fine that were not exposed as above. I think these die-cast Iron Man collectibles will be fine. Are you really going to fly your 1/6 die-cast Iron Patriots around outside, land him in dirt, and put him in some underwater missions in your pool or bathtub? If so, then I'd be worried years from then.

Most of those toys that decomposed from the 50's to the 70's were kept in backyard storage, exposed garages, etc over the years. And during their "play-lifespan", they were also exposed to the elements by kids whether playing with them in dirt, in a bathtub or pool, or just out and about in the sun. They weren't kept indoors 24/7, meticulously cared for because of display purposes, or were stored in collector style boxes.

Many of the die-cast toys from the 70's and 80's like Japanese robots, Chogokins and Transformers are still fine that were not exposed as above. I think these die-cast Iron Man collectibles will be fine. Are you really going to fly your 1/6 die-cast Iron Patriots around outside, land him in dirt, and put him in some underwater missions in your pool or bathtub? If so, then I'd be worried years from then.

lol :lol

:exactly: :goodpost: I'm not a fan of diecast, but I'm sure my Iron Patriot will last longer than any other figures I already have

Maybe not the iron patriot, but my iron pepper potts. :yess:

Back