Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally, bbts won me over with how well they package thier items. I thinl alter ego had it cheaper, but they usually ship them in the shipper box. Id you dont live in california, cornerstore is great from what ive heard..

Finally managed to getting around to PO'ing this guy. Bought it from a new place so hopefully they do good by me! £179.98 shipped, not a bad price!

Personally, bbts won me over with how well they package thier items. I think alter ego had it cheaper, but they usually ship them in the shipper box. Id you dont live in california, cornerstore is great from what ive heard..

That really depends on how it's being fullfilled. My Tron Legacy Lightcycle was ordered from Alter Ego but was fullfilled by Sideshow so it came in the shipper since Sideshow doesn't do any extra packaging. But usually when I order from AE you get the extra packaging (shipper box within a larger shipping box) just like at BBTS. But BBTS is remarkable with their packaging I will say that

Still a shame the other retailer get the figures so late. Would have ordered from BBTS otherwise

The main positives about ordering from Sideshow would be you can accumulate points and eventually obtain enough for a free figure. Another plus would be you get products quicker too.

could you not compare the 3 for yourself?

Well, since we are on a flippin forum comprised of people who buy lots of these things, I thought I'd ask people who've had experience & maybe they might answer & be helpful :)

Last edited:
The main positives about ordering from Sideshow would be you can accumulate points and eventually obtain enough for a free figure. Another plus would be you get products quicker too.

Hmmm..average hot toy is $200...so...you need 4000 points to get a free figure...but most retailers list it for 8~10% off ssc price, (lets go 8%)..8% of $4000 is $320...so congrats on paying $120 on that free figure..i only buy ssc for exclusives, even then I dont like it because I pay taxes ontop of full retail..

I perfer alterego as I can accumalate rewards there too Sure its alot longer to get a free figure ($5 for every $250 spent ) Its still loads better than ssc.

Last edited:
Hmmm..average hot toy is $200...so...you need 4000 points to get a free figure...but most retailers list it for 8~10% off ssc price, (lets go 8%)..8% of $4000 is $320...so congrats on paying $120 on that free figure..i only buy ssc for exclusives, even then I dont like it because I pay taxes ontop of full retail..

I perfer alterego as I can accumalate rewards there too Sure its alot longer to get a free figure ($5 for every $250 spent ) Its still loads better than ssc.

SSC also limits what you can spend points on. no exclusives OR items with free domestic shipping. basically almost everything when it comes to hot toys.

i have $400 right now and cant even use them

Yeah I've worked it out before. The points are essentially a discount and you end up getting better discounts from other retailers and it's an up-front discount too.

This hobby isn't for the budget conciseness person. Either way you go it's an expensive hobby no doubt. So getting points is just a bonus. But if not oh well.

SSC also limits what you can spend points on. no exclusives OR items with free domestic shipping. basically almost everything when it comes to hot toys.

i have $400 right now and cant even use them

You could get Tony Stark. he is not exclusive or free shipping.

^That. You can get the Tony Stark figure for free and also have $100+ left over to use for the future.

I got $250 in points but the problem is that there are many things I would like to use that on :gah:

If I were you I would use it on the cheapest thing you want to use it for. Because if you use it on the most expensive, you won't get any reward points for that. So its better to just use it on the cheapest thing and then buy the expensive stuff so you get the most reward points back for that purchase.

March? We'll we lucky to see this by May. :gah:

Who knows? :dunno ... The pre-order page on SSC's website said March for the IM and May for the 1/4 DKR.... Has a HT figure ever come out early I wonder or are they notoriously late everytime?

If I were you I would use it on the cheapest thing you want to use it for. Because if you use it on the most expensive, you won't get any reward points for that. So its better to just use it on the cheapest thing and then buy the expensive stuff so you get the most reward points back for that purchase.

Me I used them on cheap items. Take the two Yoda's. Using points they saved me $180. I only have to pay taxes on $20 an shipping.

Yeah I've worked it out before. The points are essentially a discount and you end up getting better discounts from other retailers and it's an up-front discount too.

Which retailers are cheaper? When I did my checking I noticed that the discounts usually were negated by shipping before factoring in the points from SSC. Would love to be able to save any money on my toys haha.

Which retailers are cheaper? When I did my checking I noticed that the discounts usually were negated by shipping before factoring in the points from SSC. Would love to be able to save any money on my toys haha.

True..but back to my example...shipping is usually $15, so 15x20(figured needed for free figure)=300 $320-300= $20 saved
...huh..you earn $180 in points... So it is beneficial, as long as as you dont live in california. Stupid tax offsets everything...

Last edited:
Back