Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it killed me inside, but I cancelled. Don't want to risk $200+ on a broken figure. Damn, I really wanted this too, and all that waiting. I am disappointed in HT:ohbfrank:

EDIT: Way to celebrate 700 posts:slap

https://youtu.be/XS0o07am50MHere ya go guys , listen carefully coz I don't wanna keep going over the subject , get it if ya want but be careful coz it doesn't take much to find yourself in this situation

Just saw your video, and my aplogizes for doubting you Clipper.
Was hoping that it was just the slim type shoulder joints.
Really sucks because I was looking foward to this piece.
Damn shame.

You guys are sucking the excitement out of getting this figure before I've even paid for it .....

hopefully. all this waiting, with just one flex payment left. would be a shame to have it end like this

I'm holding a wait and see, rather than panic stance.

Wonder if **** Po, OMG, Elijay and so on had any issues.

Best case scenario it's just a batch issue :pray:

I am too. Ordered through sideshow.

If you remember OMG's pics were very static and he didn't do any extreme poses with the arms. Could his have also been broken?

Perhaps you are right. I was thinking that as well. Maybe the really early release ones were a bad batch and have issues with brittle shoulders. Here's to hoping the wait from sideshow will be worth it. Dunno.

In calling SSC with this info tomorrow. Hopefully they'll cancel it without penalty and I'll get my points back.

This is a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had my order canceled a couple days ago. He was just too short to my likings and I wanted to have him standing next to my black suite Spiderman. The rest of the figure doesn't bother me.

the thing about those photographers is that they never let us know if there's anything we need to look out for or QC issues and all that...all they do is take good pictures of the figure. The only one that's even close to answering our questions and what not is OMG and I appreciate that. Not that I don't appreciate the other people but c'mon if the shoulders are a widespread issue, their pictures are a trap to us because some of us make the decision to buy when we see those. :\

Those are bloggers getting paid by HT right? They get their figures for free, why would they even mention QC issues? They just can't, they are selling us the products with their pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, mine's on his way. Guess I'll find out in a couple days what his shoulders are like. But then, I don't plan doing any extreme poses with him so should be fine. :dunno

Talk about the ridiculous amount of panic on this thread over just two, TWO confirmed accounts.

I am going to wait to see mine and then I am going to judge for myself. I have not cancelled and I am NOT cancelling until I get mine and can make a proper informed opinion...and not react with some (albeit genuine) kneejerk reaction over two unfortunate customers.

Sorry Rick and Ryno, I am in no way trying to cheapen or lessen your misfortune, Rick your vids are excellent, a little fruity so NSFW but great. No, rather...the reaction here has been bordering on panic.

@ franpincho...Please try and take this in the manner in which it is said. You are entitled to your opinion, true enough. You are entitled to express it as you like, true enough...the beauty of living in a free country. You're entitled to express it repeatedly, also thanks to the free country living.

But dude, to say essentially the same thing, again, and again, then again, and again and then again just for good measure, then a bit more....

...really? You are starting to sound a bit hysterical.

'Spider-Man' the one figure you want some kickass poses from and by the sounds of it the minute you touch it its....:gah:

Anyone brave enough to cut the suit off and see what's underneath?

My advice to anyone getting one, is don't touch, leave in its box and see the price skyrocket for a mint example. :monkey1

Talk about the ridiculous amount of panic on this thread over just two, TWO confirmed accounts.

I am going to wait to see mine and then I am going to judge for myself. I have not cancelled and I am NOT cancelling until I get mine and can make a proper informed opinion...and not react with some (albeit genuine) kneejerk reaction over two unfortunate customers.

Sorry Rick and Ryno, I am in no way trying to cheapen or lessen your misfortune, Rick your vids are excellent, a little fruity so NSFW but great. No, rather...the reaction here has been bordering on panic.

@ franpincho...Please try and take this in the manner in which it is said. You are entitled to your opinion, true enough. You are entitled to express it as you like, true enough...the beauty of living in a free country. You're entitled to express it repeatedly, also thanks to the free country living.

But dude, to say essentially the same thing, again, and again, then again, and again and then again just for good measure, then a bit more....

...really? You are starting to sound a bit hysterical.

Great post!! :clap:clap

Very hard to describe this without doing a video (I don't do video).
But this might help. I don't think this is a radically different body, or that it's anymore flawed than some of HT's recent bodies. I just had a look at the stock Captain America Spangled body, it's arms are worse than this. They are extremely stiff and ratchet joint one way but are loose up and down, try to do anything even remotely extreme and they will break.

So what I'm saying here is this..
Fragile badly made HT body is made even more fragile and breakable by the fact it's Spiderman. Or course you are gonna try and position his arms as if web slinging. HT have gotten away with it for a while now with more sedentary licenses. This could be the perfect (plastic) storm. But I don't think the body is "faulty" per se, if it was it would be broken out of the box IMO.

And no, I haven't tried to bend his arms backwards, nor do i intend to, I
didn't do that with the Medi either. Not my thing.

:lol

Treat the TT shoulder like a balljoint and it will break.

Back