Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure it's upsetting, I get that, no one wants to pay for an item they don't like, whether it be with real money or rewards points, but again, they aren't "pissed away". You have an expensive item that you can sell and get real money for. If you prefer rewards points to actual dollars, that's your bizarre prerogative.

Then we'll agree to disagree.

Paying more cash for Sideshow products to accumulate enough rewards points down the road to spend on that one item that turns out to be garbage is pretty much the definition of pissing those points away in my book. :lol

Then we'll agree to disagree.

Paying more cash for Sideshow products to accumulate enough rewards points down the road to spend on that one item that turns out to be garbage is pretty much the definition of pissing those points away in my book. :lol

Sure.

You're obsessed with the concept of points while ignoring the concept of value.

Yeah I like very dynamic poses, so the suit limiting it is a problem for me. It bother's me quite a bit on my DX09 batman too, almost so much that I considered selling it soon after I opened it. It's good enough for me to keep, and this still may be, but limited shoulder movement is a big bummer.

I can definitely see how it poses an issue and how this can be a disappointment in that sense. Though for me i get more enjoyment out of a well futzed museum pose and i can't fault this figure in that department.

Obviously the shoulder joint issue is major QC issue there is no denying that and i hope they actually do something about it, i can't see it though and sadly it will hurt this guys sales.

Sure.

You're obsessed with the concept of points while ignoring the concept of value.

I'm not ignoring anything, the value of this product is clearly sub par or there wouldn't be people who used their points on it posting in anger.

I'm not ignoring anything, the value of this product is clearly sub par or there wouldn't be people who used their points on it posting in anger.
I guess the thing is, though, who cares about the points when you can sell the figure MISB for cost? You're simply converting points to cash in that case. Don't understand what about Surly's point doesn't make sense to you.

Sorry to throw my two cents in, but getting kind of aggravating reading the back-and-forth on this, lol.

I guess the thing is, though, who cares about the points when you can sell the figure MISB for cost? You're simply converting points to cash in that case. Don't understand what about Surly's point doesn't make sense to you.

Sorry to throw my two cents in, but getting kind of aggravating reading the back-and-forth on this, lol.

Sure, you can sell it for cost. SSC customers who have been building up points have knowingly been spending more per collectible at Sideshow specifically for those points. So, I'll maintain that using them on a product that turns out to be trash is pissing them away. That's pretty much the entire reason to shop at SSC, for the rewards.

How much money could they have saved over the course of a year shopping elsewhere that sells collectibles cheaper with no point reward system? Where does that money factor into this abomination?

Sure, you can sell it for cost. SSC customers who have been building up points have knowingly been spending more per collectible at Sideshow specifically for those points. So, I'll maintain that using them on a product that turns out to be trash is pissing them away. That's pretty much the entire reason to shop at SSC, for the rewards.

How much money could they have saved over the course of a year shopping elsewhere that sells collectibles cheaper with no point reward system? Where does that money factor into this abomination?

That money IS THE REWARDS POINTS WHICH IS THEN THE CASH YOU SELL YOUR UNWANTED ITEM FOR! Nothing is lost here. I just... I can't anymore.

Hopefully Sean Long's vid review goes up soon! He articulates the crap out of his figures in the reviews, so if there's any fragility, his reviews should pick it up pretty damn quick!

I think clipperking and Ryno do great vid reviews, and have watched them for ages. I trust their judgement. Hopefully I can watch one more vid review before my seller gets stock so I can have a bit of time to decide if I want to cancel or not.

As a benefit to the doubt of your intelligence, I'm going to now assume you are purposefully just trying to **** with my head.
As a benefit to the doubt of your intelligence, I'm going to now assume you cancelled this POS and are purposefully trying to **** with my head.

Haters hating aside.

Right now it's unknown the extent of the broken shoulders. The fine outweigh the broken. Hopefully as more get the figure we'll find out if this is widespread or not, rather than jumping the gun.

Hey guys.. I'm the second lucky recipient of the osteoporosis Spiderman figure (the first being TheClipperKing). I'll tell you all.. I posed this figure already being warned by the eBay seller timcent as well as by Ric (TheClipperKing) to be careful with the shoulders.. However, timcent88, the seller warned me about the suit tearing if I moved the shoulders past 80 degrees (which I think is baloney, the suit is in no jeopardy)

"By the way, please take a look at the ebay listing of amazing Spider-Man again. The arms can't be raised more than 80 degrees or the suit in the shoulder area will rip"

Also, here's a warning from instructions on his eBay page regarding the shoulder

IMG_4846a_zpsfc10d87a.jpg

I find this an utterly ridiculous warning for a SPIDERMAN articulated figure. Also, the instructions don't say why.. they make no mention of the suit.. It simply says it can't be moved past 80 degrees.. I looked through my instructions and saw no such thing, but I could be wrong. I pulled this from timcent88's page. I may have lost a second page or something.

I'm pretty sure he knew if I moved the shoulders, it'd break. No worries to him, I won't be after him for my money, I don't think it's his fault at all. However, going into my review, I already KNEW from not only him, but also Ric AKA TheClipperKing to be careful... So when I posed it.. I posed it EXTRA carefully and slowly. We shouldn't have to be warned by sellers not to move the arms of an articulated figure in the first place.. Of all figures.. Spiderman...

I did NOTHING extreme to break the shoulders. What's also interesting.. there was no moment where I heard or felt them break. It was just next thing I knew, both were completely broken.

Let's keep in mind.. Yes, it's 2 cases of broken shoulders.. but BOTH shoulders breaking. So it's actually 4 cases of broken shoulders.

I say buy at your own risk.. I hate to be the burden of news like this.. and it's surely not actually news with just 2 (or 4) cases, but it's definitely not a good sign.. and I had to let everyone know, or I'd feel bad seeing all these people spend hard earned money only to get broken figures. It's definitely a concern, and I think if Sideshow gets a ton of cancellations, they may just contact Hot Toys to see what the heck is going on.

I even emailed a contact at Hot Toys that I met at the San Diego Comic Con myself with the concern. So I will keep you all informed if and when he responds. Stay tuned.

For those who haven't seen my review, here it is below:

[ame]https://youtu.be/x4Y9Fhlsa18[/ame]

Last edited:
Back