Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like how he turned out and your Parker custom Very cool! I may wait for the next spidey release because of like the design better. Still medicom's eye's may be what some of us like better but that's about it for me. Still a pretty sweet spidey, Tempting...

[ame="https://youtu.be/UJyVk4DD-uE"]https://youtu.be/UJyVk4DD-uE[/ame]The final part , I see the arguments have begun already , kinda wish i'd not filmed these videos ....but like I say you'll be happy with either figure if it fits the reason you want it :O) peace my friends

https://youtu.be/UJyVk4DD-uEThe final part , I see the arguments have begun already , kinda wish i'd not filmed these videos ....but like I say you'll be happy with either figure if it fits the reason you want it :O) peace my friends

No offense Clipper, but the arguments were going a long time before you posted your comparisons. You may have thrown some petrol on the fire for some of our more impressionable members though.
:lol

These are both great figures, both have problems, both have strengths.

https://youtu.be/UJyVk4DD-uEThe final part , I see the arguments have begun already , kinda wish i'd not filmed these videos ....but like I say you'll be happy with either figure if it fits the reason you want it :O) peace my friends

I think your reviews are all a load of old **** and that you are just a Northern numpty!!

(Joke, Uncle Clipper knows I love him really!)

The videos were great mate, there are definitely some positives and negatives of both figures, and they both look good to me for different reasons. (You already knew my thoughts on the size comparisons).

I would be happy with either figure in my collection and will be sticking with my Hot Toys order, once I have it in hand I'll decide whether I can live with the negatives, if not, I'll flip it and try and get hold of the Medicom to check that out.

Agreed rory. I think both look great in their own right, but my choice was the Hot toys and in hand i feel i made the right choice. To me the suit feels and looks quality, the suit on the medicom was always the thing that turned me off it from pictures and videos. Andrew Garfield is only roughly 5ft 8 so the HT's looks more or less right to me where as the medicom looks about 6ft+.

At the end of the day its all down to preference, even after watching ricks videos i still prefer the HT's and looking at my shelf now having him displayed with Iron man, he looks pretty damn good.

I actually don't mind people choosing HT over Medi, coz it's their freedom. I also don't mind the criticisms about the Medi Spidy.
The only thing that really bugs me is that people keep saying HT is better than Medi, maybe in some aspects yes, but that still don't count HT Spidy as a winner.

Anyways, I don't think it really matters which brand wins the battle, the reason why we argue about this is all because we want a perfect spidy figure to display and unfortunately none of these companies fulfill that request.

Now back to the topic, after watching the videos I still prefer the Medi over HT simply because the overall proportion is better and even the material of the suit is more movie accurate. The suit in the movie is more plastic feel to me and I know that can be debatable. I do agree that the Medi spidy is slightly higher than he supposed to be, so I probably will do the shorten legs mod if I am getting one. (Might switching the boots from Medi to HT as well if that's a doable mod )

Last edited:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z01QGEo46eI&feature=c4-overview&list=UUOqLOPcoUgULRp_H9awn6Pw

THE COMPARISON IS OUT!

I just went to check and I saw one minute. Sorry hope you don't mind I posted it first :/

Cool collection of vids Clipper! Thank you for your passion and hard work! :hi5:

Thank you very much for the videos clipper king.
I've been having a hard time deciding if I want to cancel my Ht PO and just keep my medicom.

I think the ht is a great figure, and I think one of the things that make it look good is the suit material.
And since the suit goes from head to toe, it may give an impression its a better figure.
But, when I had the spidey 3 figure, one of the things that bugged me was the bunching of the material underneath the chin which I see is present in the new figure, it may not be as bad, I don't know, but my spidey 3 in particular had a really noticeable excess of material that it was hard to hide. So my worries on that figure may carryover to this one.
The other thing is the stitch on spidey's head.
I think this is actually screen accurate but at 1/6 scale, it sticks out and I'm drawn to it.
And I agree with clipper king's sentiment in that they are both not scaled properly, but the ht is under scaled more than medi's over scale.
But overall, its a great figure.

Now to medi. I disagree when people exaggerate and say the medi's only advantage is the eyes.
True, it is the best advantage, but it isn't the only one.
Its one of those things that may seem minute but in hand, its just a really cool effect.
It's like having your ironman figure constantly lit up.
The other big thing is the physique.
It's one of the best 1/6 physique I've seen cause its not like a typical true type that is usually on the muscular side, the Medi's physique looks like a man whose not really muscular, but really toned.

Also, I agree with what roboto said that when you watch the movie, the suit actually looks similar to the medicom, has a plasticky material to it, but from pictures, the fabric looks similar to hot toys. That one is strange.

I think the main thing is you can't go wrong with either one.
I think ill still keep my PO and just see both figures in hand for myself and see which one ultimately will stay in the detolf.
Me personally seeing them side by side on clipper's video, and having the medi already, I'm leaning towards the medicom.

Looking forward to my HT Spidey arriving and will be paying close attention to those shoulders

Despite the praise, I can't look at the medicom version and think it looks good

I've studied the ASM suit over at the RPF, watching folks build it and what have you, and you can see that HT really got the look right, the medi looks like plastic and too shiny

And I really don't like the idea of a sculpted head, I love the creases that the HT seems to have in the neck, that's what it would look like anyway

And as far the eyes go, anyone who says the eyes were only one colour in the movie is just wrong

I blame the film for this though because it is inconsistent in this area, not that it matters anywhere outside of this thread/discussion

but when Pete is assembling his costume, he definitely cuts out golden lenses, but then ten movie magic seconds later he has reflective silver lenses

I guess they just wanted it too look a certain kind of cool in cer5ain shots

I'm waiting for the day that a movie version of Spidey actually has a seam line around the neck where his mask comes on and off. That sneaky wall crawler sure does have some skills in making it look seamless...

After watching the comparison review by clipper its become painfully clear the hot toys dropped the ball on this, he is right that the figure looks like a 15 to 16 year old boy in a great spiderman costume:slap I can usually get behind hot toys with most releases and to me hot toys is the best 1/6 action figure producers, but what is, is what is, this figure is a complete fail.

I'm a huge spiderman fan and PO'd this day one and used rewards points to do so, so I'm getting it ether way like it or not, being a big fan of both hot toys and spiderman I ordered another at bbts as well, I did cancel that order tonight however.

The biggest annoyance is with all the delays one hopes that comes out in the end is worth while, not this time:mad:

People who used up their saved SSC rewards points to pre order this garbage have every right to vent their frustration and opinions imo.

I know I'd be pissed as hell :lol

Telling already angry people to go "jerk off" somewhere probably isn't going to achieve the effect you're looking for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Peter was in High School in the movie, so the figure looking like a Teenage boy would be correct :dunno

All I'm going to say is that Andrew Garfield is 6' tall, This figure scales at about 5'6":dunno

I'm a big supporter of hot toys, there stuff is usually the best there is and 90% of my collection is full of there products, however I can not lie to myself and say its something its not, the figure is just wrong, there's a couple of nice things about it but there's just to many big issues wrong with it to save it for me, and yes if I don't like what I see I will state it. I did use all my reward points at the time to order this so I am kinda stuck with it, that said I will likely just not open it and put it with my MIB collection just because its spidey.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a big supporter of hot toys, there stuff is usually the best there is and 90% of my collection is full of there products, however I can not lie to myself and say its something its not, the figure is just wrong, there's a couple of nice things about it but there's just to many big issues wrong with it to save it for me, and yes if I don't like what I see I will state it. I did use all my reward points at the time to order this so I am kinda stuck with it, that said I will likely just not open it and put it with my MIB collection just because its spidey.

I feel you, and sorry you got hosed using your points on this. I'd hate to be locked into a product that I wasn't pleased with in the end and if people in your shoes chose to vent a bit I'd completely understand b/c I know I would!

I'm a huge HT supporter as well. Spidey & Wolverine were my #1 & #2 favorite characters growing up, but as it stands I don't like any releases from any company enough to add 1 of either character to my collection. It's quite annoying actually :lol

I feel you, and sorry you got hosed using your points on this. I'd hate to be locked into a product that I wasn't pleased with in the end and if people in your shoes chose to vent a bit I'd completely understand b/c I know I would!

I'm a huge HT supporter as well. Spidey & Wolverine were my #1 & #2 favorite characters growing up, but as it stands I don't like any releases from any company enough to add 1 of either character to my collection. It's quite annoying actually :lol

Thanks, yeah spidey is #1, wolverine #2, punisher #3 than hulk for me. As for the other releases of spidey and wolverine from hot toys I will say I have them and like them.

I do see a lot of people crapping on figures all the time, I don't usually join that party, if I'm not into the figure I usually just ignore the thread. I can normally tell if a figure is something I want at time it goes up for PO, and with this being spiderman I ordered assuming hot toys would just nail it and I would love it, its not often that's not the case. The final release of this long delayed highly antisaped figure for me is a surprising kick in the gut.

That's enough crying over and action figure from me, Hopefully hot toys will make the Amazing Spiderman 2 figure a homerun:panic:

People who used up their saved SSC rewards points to pre order this garbage have every right to vent their frustration and opinions imo.

I know I'd be pissed as hell :lol

Telling already angry people to go "jerk off" somewhere probably isn't going to achieve the effect you're looking for.

$100 worth of points brother. I seriously feel robbed. I KNOW I can sell it, but it is not the freaking point!

People defending this crap seriously need bifocals, I can't understand for the life of me WHAT they see on this abomination.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, just saw the comparison video. The gold lens spidey straight up sucks. Like its horrendous. Then I realized it was the Hot Toys version. Then I said " cot damn it"...ugh...horrible...

$100 worth of points brother. I seriously feel robbed. I KNOW I can sell it, but it is not the freaking point!

People defending this crap seriously need bifocals, I can't understand for the life of me WHAT they see on this abomination.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you tried to get the points moved to another item?
Maybe you can pull a few strings since you're a big spender there :D

All I'm going to say is that Andrew Garfield is 6' tall, This figure scales at about 5'6":dunno

No he's not. He is around 5'10"

Here is a pic of him with Jesse Eisenberg (listed at 5'7.5"), and Justin Timberlake (5'11.5")
a7evu8ut.jpg
from IMDB

Back