Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't seem normal. Those shoulders are broken. Not gonna lie, this may make me cancel if more reports come in like this.

Or dislocated, wonder if you can somehow push them back in

First 2 vid reviews both mention them, multiple warnings in the instruction, seems like ht is fully aware of it

Hmm. Can see there's lots of different views on this figure. Right or wrong, I've ordered one from Timcent so I can see it in hand and decide for myself. I'm not the biggest Spider-Man fan, but as long as it looks like Spidey and is in a good action pose, it should do me just fine.

Poor you Peter, comic books, movie, or even figure, he's not as lucky as other orphan..
at $140 price tag, I'm happy with the Hot Toys version, in fact, I get Garfield HS, :)

Last edited:
Fragile shoulders? Oh great! So much for dynamic posing. Mine will stay in a museum pose if that's the case. :slap

just caught up on this thread so thought i better have my say , both my shouders are broken , and yes ive handled enough hot toys to know what broken shoulders feel like , there not some double jointed ttm , there fxxxed !!! . i knew one was broken when i filmed my first ht review other day , the other shoulder broke while i was filming all the comparison footage yesterday , i message ryno through facebook to tell him be extra careful with the shoulders , he's a good friend of mine and i knew he was waiting for his figure from customs and was gunna review it , so i let him know , even knowing that and handling with care his still broke same as mine . ive got a hot toys fail video uploading to explain it clearly and hope hot toys see it . on another note i see the arguements going on about ht vs medicom , just to get it straight i dont give two quick fire fxxks about which you buy if any , i made it clear that it was only my opinion !!!! and who by the way is oscorp ???? is he someone i might know from youtube or facebook ????

and another thing is ,,, hot toys knew all along with there over the top shoulder warning booklet and the fact that omg hardly took a pic with the upper arms moved

and another thing is ,,, hot toys knew all along with there over the top shoulder warning booklet and the fact that omg hardly took a pic with the upper arms moved

I was thinking about this earlier, everyone thought it was strange that there weren't dynamic poses, I can't blame him based off of the reviews, crikey

I'm still looking forward to it as it seems very colourful and I guess he's gonna have to go museum pose, but that may as well be a statue

I was gonna try and attempt the pose off of the box, I have Goblin stand that i'm not using yet, it would have been perfect fer it

Thanks for your input Clipper, watched all your reviews and for me personally i dont think either figure is good enough to go in my collection, both have things i really dont like HT's Spider-"boy" and Medicoms rubber gloves suit. Shame as i like the suit design but neither company pulled it off imo.

I've got the HT on pre-order with CollectableKitbash paid in full so will just sell it when it comes in. I'm sorry yours and Rynos figures had to break whilst you were reviewing them for us but thank you for reviewing this for us.

I don't quite understand the shoulder thing to be honest. It's the new slim TT right? It's not a new body.

I have two of these at home, I will check both later, I have one out one still boxed.
I had a similar issue with both Joker 2.0 and DX Luke. Before those two I had never broken a single part of a HT body, and this was just undressing them. The very thin wedge of plastic attached the entire arm/shoulder. Bend it the wrong way and snap.
:dunno

This shoulder stuff has made me change my mind about this guy again. If they were aware it's shoulders were weak they should have delayed it again until they got it right. What a real scumbag move. I feel sorry for the guys that spent their rewards points on this guy, and will be getting a faulty figure, and the guys who have been waiting for something amazing to come out of HT.

[ame="https://youtu.be/XS0o07am50M"]https://youtu.be/XS0o07am50M[/ame]Here ya go guys , listen carefully coz I don't wanna keep going over the subject , get it if ya want but be careful coz it doesn't take much to find yourself in this situation

Back