Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you had to choose between this and the Iron Man Mark 1, what would you choose?

I'm stuck as to what to do. I haven't got a Spidey figure and I love the character, I'm questioning why I even have the Mark 1

I think i intended to collect the run of Iron Man suits, but since I abandoned that plan and got rid of Mark 2 and 3, this seems a bit redundant

it sure is pretty though

aagh! the easy answer would be to have both, but since getting the new house i made a rule that i'd only by a figure if i sold one in it's place to save money

ugh!

Only iron man worth having is mark 4 and 7. My rule is one of each character. I wont be having 4 iron man or 3 spidy. Maybe when i make more money lol

Only iron man worth having is mark 4 and 7. My rule is one of each character. I wont be having 4 iron man or 3 spidy. Maybe when i make more money lol

If you say so. I my eyes the Mark VI & War Machine combo is still king. I want to limit my Iron Men to four suits but I can't part with my Mark I, IV and SP either.

Despite all of this figures shortcomings (and the movie's:rolleyes2) Ive decided to go ahead and get him. I blame my love of all things Spiderman. Might not be the best looking outfit but its Spiderman and ultimately Id like to own all Hot Toys Spidermenses...es. I imagine they will all look neat together in the end. Besides I need a large crew to rival my growing Ironnman army.

If you're looking for an army to rival the Iron Man releases there's always the Batman line :lol

For ages, I was wondering where I'd seen the lovely Ms Stone previously.

Then I recalled we'd watched ZOMBIELAND a few nights previous to ASM and it suddenly dawned on me.

She is gorgeous with dark hair too.

Zombieland is a great film! :hi5:

Found this and thought of some of the posters in this thread..:lol

li8s.jpg

:lol

1394154_10153391799465597_1221092013_n.jpg

this one really shows the likeness I think

and if you want one without the scratches...I have one coming already :)

https://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/Custom-...ion_Figures&hash=item20da25e62b#ht_1798wt_906

This custom looks MUCH better! :lecture Why the scratches anyway HT?! :dunno

If you had to choose between this and the Iron Man Mark 1, what would you choose?

I'm stuck as to what to do. I haven't got a Spidey figure and I love the character, I'm questioning why I even have the Mark 1

I think i intended to collect the run of Iron Man suits, but since I abandoned that plan and got rid of Mark 2 and 3, this seems a bit redundant

it sure is pretty though

aagh! the easy answer would be to have both, but since getting the new house i made a rule that i'd only by a figure if i sold one in it's place to save money

ugh!

The MK1 is probably harder to obtain right now and more expensive! If you love Spidey more, get this one! :wink1:

I don't know. At first I thought the figure was pretty mediocre, but all of these pics are beginning to grow on me. Glad I ordered one.

I'm sorry but to me that custom head sculpt looks way worse than the official Hot Toys sculpt. You can totally tell it's a knockoff. :dunno

Look who just swung in from Hong Kong. Couldn't wait for Sideshow.

I will say he suit is 100 times better than Medicom. I have that as well so I have first hand knowledge. Also, the mask is fairly loose on the head blank so I'll be buying an additional Spidey head to have a loose mask version. Can't wait to see how that turns out.

Look who just swung in from Hong Kong. Couldn't wait for Sideshow.

I will say he suit is 100 times better than Medicom. I have that as well so I have first hand knowledge. Also, the mask is fairly loose on the head blank so I'll be buying an additional Spidey head to have a loose mask version. Can't wait to see how that turns out.

Lucky, need more pics and a vid!

Thanks

Damn, this looks good, wish it was as nasty as the Medi so I could pass it up, but I'll probably end up getting one.

This really isn't that bad of a figure but it's still an easy pass for me. I was never a fan of the new costume and I think that spidey should have at least SOME muscle mass on him. Can't wait for The Amazing Spider-Man 2 version though, that costume looks like it was plucked right out of the comics (minus the elongated spider emblems). I like it so much that I bought a suit based on it and wore it to SDCC.
da7esepe.jpg

But at only £18.00 and free shipping from China, it's a low enough price to take a punt on!
The price is decent but it's laughable to say it's a better sculpt than the official Hot Toys one. I don't think the Hot Toys one is perfect but it's better than the knock off by a long shot in my opinion.

Lucky, need more pics and a vid!

Thanks
I'll try to get some decent shots with the Nikon tonight or tomorrow.

Messed around with him a bit last night. The suit arms are too short where you can't cover up the wrist pegs. It's not as bad as the Medi but it does bunch up quite a bit. I think he'll look great in a museum pose but I'm not sure this suit can handle dynamic poses for any length of time.

In the meantime I can answer any questions you freaks might have.

Back