Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone think it'd be nice if we got The Lizard to go alongside Spidey? I mean I really doubt it happening, but it'd be great.

This, and how does it compare to the medi in a statue pose

I was also wondering if the suits black lines will wrinkle with posing like the medi

Boots flex a bit but they don't really hold position well.

Don't get me wrong, I really like the figure but it does have its shortcomings. I think the Medi looks better in the statue pose. Medi nailed Garfield's build whereas the Hot Toys version looks like his little brother wearing a Spidey suit.

The price is decent but it's laughable to say it's a better sculpt than the official Hot Toys one. I don't think the Hot Toys one is perfect but it's better than the knock off by a long shot in my opinion.

Where did I say that I thought it was better? I just said this knock-off is at a low enough price for me to take a punt, so I can see what it looks like in my hand. it costs less than £20 and I don't even have to pay for postage.

I never even came close to saying it was better than either of the two HT attempts.

Besides which, I am sure there have been times where you have seen other people's collections in photos, seen the odd bootleg or custom head and thought "I know who that is meant to be, but that looks nothing like 'such-and-such' (insert name of choice)" But people buy them, have them and use them because they know that when friends/guests come looking, they won't see the slightly less than perfect knockoff head, they'll just see the whole, very cool figure, just like straight out of the films.

It's a less expensive way of building and expanding your collection.

I would buy the lizard in a heart beat

Me too! :yess:

If they made Lizard but no Doc Ock from Spiderman 2 that would be a complete fail.

Yeah, thats true. We are long overdue for a Doc Ock.

Sadly correct, I agree. :gah:

Anyone think it'd be nice if we got The Lizard to go alongside Spidey? I mean I really doubt it happening, but it'd be great.

As would I. But I already know it probably won't happen. But ya never know... HT did surprised us with the Iron Whiplash. :dunna

$400.....?

I'd say more like $300. Probably something along the line like they did with the Hulk. Basic large figure with little/no accessories to keep costs down.

Id be all over a Lizard! Id like the version of him when the police first confront him and hes wearing the tattered lab coat and has the gas containers with the "lizard formula".

I pulled the trigger and went with Guobei11

He won't have it in stock for 3 weeks or so but it's still cheaper than some UK stockists I've found, and that's at retail

Although I think Toy HQ have it at a decent price though

I normally only buy from UK at the moment so I feel a bit treacherous now!

I pulled the trigger and went with Guobei11

He won't have it in stock for 3 weeks or so but it's still cheaper than some UK stockists I've found, and that's at retail

Although I think Toy HQ have it at a decent price though

I normally only buy from UK at the moment so I feel a bit treacherous now!

guobei11 is solid! I once got a DX luke from them brand new for $300 shipped and it came in like a week's time! Crazy!

Back