Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im not praising Raimi at all, in fact I don't really like his work. There was an originality with the trilogy, obviously. I really wouldn't say that X-men was the breakthrough so much as the Spider-man's opening was to other individuals, since they were all very similar in story lines. The X-men in my opinion was one of the very original movies with both great writing and cast.

Why not compare them for reality? It is all for effects, we all know that. In Avengers the threat was an alien invasion to Earth, thousands of them destroying streets and cars and how many people did they actually show die? This is my point in Marvel movies, while it was a great movie, with a little more violence and death it just represents much more at stake. Gets people more involved. Bane was breaking necks killing with his bare hands. Im not trying to glorify violence when a bunch of kids will be watching but lets face it a villain just isn't a great villain unless he is a murderous psychopath.

Sorry but Captain America's cheesy line, "I could do this all day" is an example of why Marvel needs to work on the dialogue in their movies. No offense intended to fans of it, he is one of my favorite characters.

I am 100% in agreement with you regarding Marvel films, but for me this new Spider-man isn't one of their usual cheesy flicks. I felt it more darker, the emotions really came through stronger, you had the death of Uncle Ben brilliantly portrayed this time around; Captain Stacey was killed and Spider-man got shot. Plus, like I said, let's not forget this is the first in a trilogy, Batman never really got dark until TDK, so let's not be so quick to write this Spider-man off just yet until we've seen what the sequel has to offer. Personally I'm hoping for Gwen's death!

So after seeing it again today I have to Say I really liked the movie a 2nd time around so much so I pre ordered this fig. from BBTS! While it is nowhere near Spiderman 2 it is almost as good as the original, but in a very different way, and I think most of us will agree it's better than Spiderman 3! Anyways here is my review of the film.

Movie review: The Amazing Spiderman (4 out of 5): (Re-rate/original rating 2.5 out of 5): When I first saw the Amazing Spiderman on it's opening night July 3rd as most of you know I really didn't like it, in fact it left a bad taste in my mouth. So with so many people, a lot of them being big Spidey fans like my self telling me how much they liked it I decided to give it one more chance. After a second viewing I really enjoyed it, I thought Marc Webb did a great job giving us a Spidey with a very different tone, much like Brian Michael Bendis gave us when he started Ultimate Spiderman, same great character just a different side and tone to and for that Iconic character. Now before Ultimate Spiderman fan boys freak out I am not saying this is anyway an Ultimate Spiderman film, it just represents a different side and take on a classic character much like that book did. In fact this movie does a good job of blending things from all of Spideys background (Ultimate and 616), while at the same time having its own feel, much like the Raimi film's did. Now I will go ahead and admit there are things in this movie that I will never get over like Spiderman Skate boarding, too much left on the cutting room floor, not enough heart in the Rhys Ifans ok, but not great performance as the Lizard/Curt Conner's, No J. Jonah Jameson (I will get over this pretty fast as long as Sony and Webb allow J.K Simmons to reprise his role from the Raimi films in The Amazing Spiderman 2, I know this is unheard of in comic book movies having the same character played by the same actor in two different versions of the film, but hell as far as I'm concerned J.K is Jonah at this point! LOL), and not developing Peter and Ant May's relationship enough! However Webb does makes up for this mainly in the form of truly bringing to life the greatest love story in the history of comic books Peter Parker and his first love Gwen Stacy (Emma Stone performance as Gwen is probably the best of the film!) for the whole world to see! It was also really good to see Captain Stacy get a true treatment in the form of a solid performance by Dennis Leary. Whatever Sally Field's portrayal of Ant May leaves to be desired, Martin Sheen's version or Uncle Ben more than makes up for! As far as Andrew Garfield their were times in this film (Tiny Knives scene, Car Thief scene, and the school fight scene) were Webb and Garfield get Spiderman exactly right, but then there were times where Garfield was solid, but never really captured the essence of Spidey like he did in those 3 scenes. While this keeps this film from reaching its full potential, it also gets me really hyped to see what Garfield and Webb and company can do in The Amazing Spiderman 2 come May 2, 2014!

When will we get some official pics of the head sculpt from Hot Toys?

reboots are always hard to take in at first, I knew what to expect for spidey... and I effin loved it! Peter was actually normal and not a total geek! thank god Gwen also played a part in being somewhat of a hero instead of the helpless girl who needed to be saved over and over again.

here's something else to consider since we are on the topic of reboots, Batmans 2005 reboot only made like 57 mill opening weekend and went on to be one of the best movie trilogies, trust me the second one will "AMAZE"

reboots are always hard to take in at first, I knew what to expect for spidey... and I effin loved it! Peter was actually normal and not a total geek! thank god Gwen also played a part in being somewhat of a hero instead of the helpless girl who needed to be saved over and over again.

here's something else to consider since we are on the topic of reboots, Batmans 2005 reboot only made like 57 mill opening weekend and went on to be one of the best movie trilogies, trust me the second one will "AMAZE"

:clap:clap:clap

Exactly what I have been trying to say!

I will pose mine with the Spidey head I think, unless they makes some changes to the Andrew Sculpt and really wow me!

The most annoying thing for me is that in the movie you often see Spider-man unmasked in his costume, whereas Batman you don't, but that Christian Bale sculpt on the DX Batman is just too good to not use!

Im not getting this cause of the inevitable The Amazing Spider-man 2 HT fig :yess:

I was going to go that route too. But then I thought that if the suit doesn't change much or at all, would HT decide to do another one?

They had it wrong in this version :monkey2
plus TASM 2 unitard will most likely have a belt as seen in the game (which was meant to be a sequel)

The game is set after the movie, so it's kind of a sequel ..... kinda. Maybe more like 'The Amazing Spiderman 1.5" :D

Everyone keeps going on about the amazing spider-man 2 figure, are you expecting it to be better or something?

Yeahp, i want the belt look :D

detail.jpg

Yeahp, i want the belt look :D

I dunno that they will incorporate that into the new film unless they find some way for him to need a utility belt!

I like that suit, I think the detailing on the figure looks amazing! I'm just not won over by the Andrew Headsculpt, but speaking of which, I received a reply this morning from hot toys:

Hello,

Thanks for your support to Hot Toys.

Your suggestions and comments on the Amazing Spiderman have been forwarded to our production team as a reference.

Best Regards,
Hot Toys

Back