Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was going to go that route too. But then I thought that if the suit doesn't change much or at all, would HT decide to do another one?

judging by the 3 releases each of the OC batman, TDK suit batman, purple outfit joker, and 2 of T2, P2, robocop, jack sparrow and superman returns..... i think it might be a decent bet.

The wait would be like 2 - 3 years off, I want a Spider-man now! For me this version is good enough, lots of detail and I'm sure the problems there are with it will be fixed by the time of it's release!

I think this is where WB / DC have got it right, their movies always seem to have a much darker, realistic feel to them and it works. The new Batman's have been a huge success, but lets not forget that Batman Begins wasn't a great movie.

Everyone needs to remember that The Amazing Spider-man is the first in a new trilogy, it has to set up the story for the other movies to follow, establish characters stories etc. I don't think it was a bad movie at all and I am excited to see where they go with it in The Amazing Spider-man 2, I think that will be this reboots real test.

yea except for the part where Batman Begins is arguably the best film in the franchise. I'm expecting a big jump from first to second movie but Spider-man didn't hold a candle to Batman Begins. I'm expecting the second spider-man movie to be on Batman Begins level, but we'll see.

Anyways did they put the palm button on the hands of the figure yet?

Last edited:
Wat? Batman Begins was considered a great movie. Maybe not to the TDK standards, but definitely better than what this Spidey movie was considered.

Wat? Batman Begins was considered a great movie. Maybe not to the TDK standards, but definitely better than what this Spidey movie was considered.

What I mean is that it wasn't a huge success at the box office and a lot of people probably left scratching their heads, but now it fits in with the trilogy perfectly. So I'm just making the point that TASM might become a better movie once the trilogy is complete.

423520_406799539382042_1184641103_n.jpg

528038_406799549382041_1564629351_n.jpg

562950_406799566048706_2066098373_n.jpg

482048_406799579382038_338803415_n.jpg

402045_406799596048703_2026518175_n.jpg

I'm amazed that anyone can see this sculpt as anything but awesome. There may be some slight things that are off, but to me that looks and feels exactly like Garfield, which is the important thing.

My only problem is still Andrews Eyes, they are his best feature and it doesn't come across on this figure. They look a little blue as well :dunno

Also the damn rounded neck on the suit :(

The bend at the bicep and wrist looks pretty bad. Its not shaped right. I won't be buying this figure but just think they need the input on what things to change.

Back