Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be fair it is far more detailed than the original, i think your hate for the newer suit is just blinding you from this.

I mean for starters it has web shooters which is an extra detail and the boot has more detail with the metallic plating on the sole.

I don't think I used the word "hate" anywheres; the new suit merely strikes me as a giant "meh." The Raimi suits, especially the first one, were masterpieces of style.

Spidey never wore boots in the comics, they're a distraction now.

p.s. Hey DGT, those giant in-box pix are borking the thread ;p

Some people on this forum are so far up their own arse it's unbelievable!

The whole point of a remake is to be different. This Spider-man was trying to go down a more realistic (Nolan Style) route.

Raimi's movies (1 and 2) were great, but they were ultimately overly cheesy kids films.

As for the classic design I stand by what I said, it might look good in the comic books but it didn't translate well onto the big screen.

I'm not even going to comment on the detailing as anyone with eyes can see that for themselves!

Some people on this forum are so far up their own arse it's unbelievable!

The whole point of a remake is to be different. This Spider-man was trying to go down a more realistic (Nolan Style) route.

Raimi's movies (1 and 2) were great, but they were ultimately overly cheesy kids films.

As for the classic design I stand by what I said, it might look good in the comic books but it didn't translate well onto the big screen.

I'm not even going to comment on the detailing as anyone with eyes can see that for themselves!

:goodpost:Though I think the classic suit worked great on screen and so does the amazing suit.

FYI: Nolan doesn't own bleaker storytelling :wink1:

:goodpost:Though I think the classic suit worked great on screen and so does the amazing suit.

FYI: Nolan doesn't own bleaker storytelling :wink1:

No, I know lol, but it's the best way to describe it!
I think they saw how it woked for Batman so they're trying it with Spider-man now. It's kinda needed really, other than x-man no Marvel film has been very dark, always too much comedy!

Is that really called for? :dunno

Making your point is fine, but the above is just not necessary.

I was stating a fact, I didn't single out any individuals and I'm sure plenty of others agree! I think it was necessary, yes. People get so excited over the stupidest of things, it's like chill the f$%& out it's only a movie, jeez!

559350_4001633892344_89567422_n.jpg

486621_4001634852368_790275628_n.jpg

By Kafai1978 of Bbicn

I have to say, these pictures are amazing. I am no longer worry, pre order confirmed !

Andrew Garfield HS isn't so bad finally ! Great job Hot Toys.:monkey1

I was stating a fact, I didn't single out any individuals and I'm sure plenty of others agree! I think it was necessary, yes. People get so excited over the stupidest of things, it's like chill the f$%& out it's only a movie, jeez!

You are the one spazzing out and calling people names; if you dont want moderator action, I'd suggest you knock it down a notch or ten.

p.s. thanks for fixing pix, DGT.

People are just passionate about their favourite characters - that's why these forums exist in the first place, & they're not belittling you in any way. You then get your back up about it? :dunno

Go back & read what you wrote earlier, then think about who needs to chill out a bit. :lol

You are the one spazzing out and calling people names; if you dont want moderator action, I'd suggest you knock it down a notch or ten.

p.s. thanks for fixing pix, DGT.

No problems Ramatuelle, I just started using ImageShack as an alternative to Photobucket just to see what it is like, and they transfered FULL SIZE!!!!

Now back OT...

This figure. Spiderman has always been one of my personal 'grail' figures. As I grew up, my big three were BATMAN, SUPERMAN and of course SPIDERMAN (all equally). So when the Raimi figures became available, it was only going to be a matter of time before they would get bought by me.

And this figure is no different. This figure will be coming to my collection without a doubt, I really like it. It took forever for the suit to make its way fully into my awareness but now its in...its really in! I can see within it all the nods of respect to the classic look, and let's face it, a Spiderman suit has to look a certain way anyway...there are certain thematic notes that have to get hit or it just would not be Spidey.

You have to have the red-on-blue colour scheme, the one-way lenses, the webbing patterns on the red sections, the red strip down the arms...and a large spider on both front and back.

This figure has all of them. Some are done better than others - like I said, this figure is not without its own share of errors - but even as it is it is still the best version of this character there will be until ASM II comes along. And the Garfield head sculpt is above average too. Again, it is not fault free but it's certainly better than mediocre, you can tell that it is meant to be Andrew Garfield more than you can tell that the 'angry' head on Cap:A is meant to be Chris Evans.

No, this is Spiderman. Newer, leaner, more wiry, but it is Spiderman...and the faults will be corrected, I am certain of this.

No problems Ramatuelle, I just started using ImageShack as an alternative to Photobucket just to see what it is like, and they transfered FULL SIZE!!!!

Now back OT...

This figure. Spiderman has always been one of my personal 'grail' figures. As I grew up, my big three were BATMAN, SUPERMAN and of course SPIDERMAN (all equally). So when the Raimi figures became available, it was only going to be a matter of time before they would get bought by me.

And this figure is no different. This figure will be coming to my collection without a doubt, I really like it. It took forever for the suit to make its way fully into my awareness but now its in...its really in! I can see within it all the nods of respect to the classic look, and let's face it, a Spiderman suit has to look a certain way anyway...there are certain thematic notes that have to get hit or it just would not be Spidey.

You have to have the red-on-blue colour scheme, the one-way lenses, the webbing patterns on the red sections, the red strip down the arms...and a large spider on both front and back.

This figure has all of them. Some are done better than others - like I said, this figure is not without its own share of errors - but even as it is it is still the best version of this character there will be until ASM II comes along. And the Garfield head sculpt is above average too. Again, it is not fault free but it's certainly better than mediocre, you can tell that it is meant to be Andrew Garfield more than you can tell that the 'angry' head on Cap:A is meant to be Chris Evans.

No, this is Spiderman. Newer, leaner, more wiry, but it is Spiderman...and the faults will be corrected, I am certain of this.

:goodpost: :exactly:

I said this ages ago but it fell on deaf ears for the haters who lived to hate.

This has all the elements a Spidey Costume needs, it's just a bit different.

I love the design and will be getting the figure for sure, some tweaks will be great but i'm not hung up on them.

Now back OT...

I don't mind people criticizing the figure, that's what we're here for! But it pee's me off when people start going into one about the suit and how they've ruined it and that Raimi is some untouchable god and blah, blah, blah.

Fact of the matter is this Spider-man was a lot more grown up, realistic and emotional than its predecessors, the suit fits this theme much better than the cartoony look of the Raimi version, and we no longer have to see Kirsten Dundst's miserable portrayal of Mary Jane anymore! IMO thats an all around win!

Last edited:
it seems strange that this is a Spider-man figure and they keep putting it in the most boring poses ever. One, to hide the obviously bad neck, but I wonder if it is just not that posable? Don't know

it seems strange that this is a Spider-man figure and they keep putting it in the most boring poses ever. One, to hide the obviously bad neck, but I wonder if it is just not that posable? Don't know

It had some great poses in the promo shots!

I don't mind people criticizing the figure, that's what we're here for! But it pee's me off when people start going into one about the suit and how they're ruined it and that Raimi is some untouchable god and blah, blah, blah.

Fact of the matter is this Spider-man was a lot more grown up, realistic and emotional than its predecessors, the suit fits this theme much better than the cartoony look of the Raimi version, and we no longer have to see Kirsten Dundst's miserable portrayal of Mary Jane anymore! IMO thats an all around win!

Ulp!!! I was not critical of it...I like it and I want one :dunno

Back