Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL, sorry. I guess it is quick!

This will be nice, in hand, I'm sure.

I wasn't exaggerating, it was honestly within a split second that I went from hating this figure from loving it. :rotfl

A question to all of you HT vets out there:

From seeing past HT releases from the reveal period to the release date, what is the likelihood of HT actually correcting the errors in their prototype figure (realistically speaking)?

Pretty damn good^

spidey07.jpg

I just wanted to thank "Blackout" and those members that took the time to Photoshop, both the masked version and the Garfield sculpt correctly. I for one will not be purchasing this figure until HT fixes these obvious problems. Thanks again!
:1-1:

Pretty damn good^

I was never very interested in that figure, so I don't know. What were the major changes?

[ame]https://youtu.be/8uu8b7ZnWK4[/ame]

Starts at about 1:25 seconds in.

I see a great Garfield likeness in the unmasked sculpt ... i just wish they'd fix the damn centre piece of the suit (make it longer) and darken the colours a bit, like the modded version a few pages back. And before i go, how the bane figure is cheaper than this with all of what he comes with compared to spider-man is a joke! Spider-man should be about $170 topps.

What were the major changes?
I think the most noticeable changes were Spideys boots & the webbing colour on the costume.

Spidey is tied as my fav HT figure I've ever purchased. Not sure how I feel about the Amazing Spidey figure yet. I really liked the movie & liked the way Amazing Spidey looked in the film, but there are a few things on the Amazing Spidey proto that I'm not that fond of right now. Maybe HT will make some changes for the better, like they did with their original Spidey.

I think the most noticeable changes were Spideys boots & the webbing colour on the costume.

Spidey is tied as my fav HT figure I've ever purchased. Not sure how I feel about the Amazing Spidey figure yet. I really liked the movie & liked the way Amazing Spidey looked in the film, but there are a few things on the Amazing Spidey proto that I'm not that fond of right now. Maybe HT will make some changes for the better, like they did with their original Spidey.

Okay, I do see the boots. The webbing is harder to see. Was it that they made them grey rather than white? It's hard to tell if that is a change, or just the picture exposure/quality.

If that figure got as much love as you say, I really hope they do the same for ASM. I love the new movie, I love the new suit.

Hot toys just must use gold reflective eyes similar to this smaller figure:
12080219012cabc16215a3a7e3.jpg

That would look great!

Okay, I do see the boots. The webbing is harder to see. Was it that they made them grey rather than white? It's hard to tell if that is a change, or just the picture exposure/quality.
To be honest. I'm not sure. It looked really different in the proto pics, but it might simply be the way it was photographed. In any case. Figure turned out sweet (if you got a good one).

& yeah, I agree with you, I want HT to change the eyes. & get rid of that wierd indent in the centre of the mask too.

Look guys, it's crap and if anyone buys this (if it continues to look like this) they're a mug!

Back