Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1016216_486739978067207_339291871_n.jpg

This was just posted on the One Sixth Republic page on Facebook. Not sure if it has been on any other sites but THERE IS SPIDEY!

This picture shows how epically awesome posing these figures together really is.

But it also serves to remind us just how far behind Warner bros/DC are with their comic book movies. Sigh...get to work ya bastids!!

You misunderstood... he was saying this will come out when the entire Avengers 2 team is released.

Some AMC theaters are showing TASM for a few nights and I just saw it again on the big screen last night. If my anticipation for this figure was dwindling at all, it has just been revamped.

Is Garfield gay himself?
I think there are certain ways in which you can alter a character.
But I feel the mythos of spider man is that he's straight.
There's nothing in the back story that says he has to be a white kid, and nothing that says he has to look any certain way.
But surely the fact he has such prominent girlfriends which are integral to the story mean that it's the one thing they can't alter.

As far as any of us who don't know him personally know, he's not gay. Although, he's always struck me as bisexual for some reason, not sure why. I wouldn't be too happy if they made Peter gay/bi, but I'm not even worried that it'll happen. It's just that Peter...Peter ISN'T gay, has never been gay in any incarnation that I'm aware of. It'd be a pointless change.

If there was a new superhero introduced who was gay, then sure. But I don't really understand why they'd change the sexuality of an already well established, and well known, character.

Is Garfield gay himself?
There's nothing in the back story that says he has to be a white kid, and nothing that says he has to look any certain way.
But surely the fact he has such prominent girlfriends which are integral to the story mean that it's the one thing they can't alter.

o-EMMA-STONE-ANDREW-GARFIELD-KISS-570.jpg

well this is Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone on their day off

don't think Andrew is gay himself (nothing wrong with that though)

anyways for the gay spidey thing, girlfriend issues is one of Spider-Man's biggest issues so I don't think a gay peter parker will come any time soon (heh heh heh)

my 2cents

Is Garfield gay himself?

So, he doesn't have to be white, but he's got to be straight? That's the mythos... what?

Logic. :lol

So, he doesn't have to be white, but he's got to be straight? That's the mythos... what?

Logic. :lol

I wasn't trying to offend anyone.
There are traditionally girlfriends involved.
So yes, he has to be straight.
If they turn the character gay(which I have no problem with. I have a lot of gay friends), I wonder if they wouldn't alienate some of their core audience.
I don't see any reason to mess with that part of the story.

Back