Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mafex Spidey thread over here Guyver?
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116571
and yes it is awesome. Love mine too. You do realise thats its a Medi figure right, nothing on earth to do with the HT release? If you like this I think you should check out the Medi 1/6th ASM, which is also great...

:lol of course I know it's a medicom Rory. I was just pointing out that if Medicom is making something that detailed in just a 6' figure, then you know HT's will always topple over Medicom in every way.

HT's by far has surpassed the others in the 1/6 scale of movie figures, maybe EB as well, but I don't like the EB bodies :lecture

:lol of course I know it's a medicom Rory. I was just pointing out that if Medicom is making something that detailed in just a 6' figure, then you know HT's will always topple over Medicom in every way.

HT's by far has surpassed the others in the 1/6 scale of movie figures, maybe EB as well, but I don't like the EB bodies :lecture

Hey man I only questioned that because you said if the 6" is this good imagine how good the 1/6th would be? :dunno
I wouldn't say that's 100% true. There have been some fantastic EB and Medi releases, ironically including TASM 1/6 which currently looks a lot better than HTs one. Lets hope for a drastic improvement on the proto. As it stands there is a lot wrong with HTs, I'm praying for fixes and a fantastic sculpt.

Last edited:
I don't think it's too bad as is, the design is based off the very first ASM shown in the ASM suit making feature. I'm sure they'll have updated it after seeing the final movie design. I'd also much rather have a tight fitting fabric looking suit than the baggy rubber glove looking suit the Medicom has. Just my opinions tho.

I don't think it's too bad as is, the design is based off the very first ASM shown in the ASM suit making feature. I'm sure they'll have updated it after seeing the final movie design. I'd also much rather have a tight fitting fabric looking suit than the baggy rubber glove looking suit the Medicom has. Just my opinions tho.

Lets wait and see the production version of this is like before comparing?
The medi isn't really baggy in hand, well no more than this anyway.
But I'm still holding out for a complete knock out with this. :pray:

paula-deen-IS-spiderman.gif

So i know someone who knows someone that has an uncle in Wyoming, that's saying this will be the best and coolest HT figure released this summer.(sleeper hit)
:wave

I would love this to be released right now, but it would help my finances if it were actually delayed until August. Mainly due to this set of circumstances....

Collectormania 19

...and...

The London Film & Comic Convention 2013

both of which I will be attending. The way figures have been pre-selling recently, I hope there will be stock in August as I really appreciate what was done with the ASM suit.

Back