Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Dave, will use if i don't go to OSB.

_______

:lol Seems math is a lost skill for people today. $205 is all-of-a-sudden a ridiculous slap in the face price, but $215 for Captain America and $275 for Joker are absolutley fine :slap

Nova, tell us the truth... are you "jackieboyshead"?

lol jackieboy and nova have got to be the biggest hot toys keyboard warriors on these forums. nova has been defending hot toys even on their facebook page copying and pasting what he writes here to that page.

based on their facebook profiles and the way they talk, chances are these two are adolescents who won't even be able to buy these figures in the first place.

Reason $205 seems outrageous to me with this one is the fact that they just released the black suit version from Spidey 3 for less, and came with a giant stand. And at least Capt America and Loki look screen accurate.

Great looking figure. Hope that I'm gonna hate this movie whatevah :lol

$190 on BBTS tho.

I wonder if this pricing can be Sideshow issue not hot toys issue

Reason $205 seems outrageous to me with this one is the fact that they just released the black suit version from Spidey 3 for less, and came with a giant stand. And at least Capt America and Loki look screen accurate.

Spider-man looks screen accurate to me :dunno

nova has been defending hot toys even on their facebook page copying and pasting what he writes here to that page.

Wasn't exactly a secret :thwak

i expressed my opinion on the hypocritical price outrage

lol jackieboy and nova have got to be the biggest hot toys keyboard warriors on these forums. nova has been defending hot toys even on their facebook page copying and pasting what he writes here to that page.

based on their facebook profiles and the way they talk, chances are these two are adolescents who won't even be able to buy these figures in the first place.

If you take into account posts on sideshows facebook Nova either has four different profiles or there are three other people he would be incredibly good friends with their shared interests in X-Men and Spiderman stuff.

A little perspective people. How many of you have ever gone on a cruise? If you haven't just pass on this figure and go away for 4 nights. You won't regret it!

tPuNp.png

Where did you get the thank you one? SS must hate me. :lol

I got in an email.

"As a special Thank You for becoming a new customer with Sideshow Collectibles, we would like to give you this $15 Coupon code for use on your next order."

No idea why really outside of that. :dunno

I really hope there is a surprise accessory, or maybe something else to be included that can't be shown yet. I know, I know, the chances are about 1% of that happening, but I can hope. I guess there won't be a Peter Parker or BD Spidey in the future, let alone Lizard. :( :( :( :( :(

Nova can defend HT all he wants, as long as he feels comfortable paying 2 million per figure.

Looks good and all but not $200 good. I'd say $130 would be a fair price for what this is and what you get.
At some point I guess I decided spending $200+ on an action figure was justified but that was when $200 got you a 14" Predator with a light up mask and tons of extras.
Truthfully Im releaved, this hobby is getting more and more expensive for me and its nice to be able to pass on something.

Alright, honestly guys, this pricing b/s gets out of hand. How many of you have overpaid for something you like? Especially on the secondary market? I don't see he need to lambast people for justifying their willingness to pay certain prices. :)

$190 for this???? First Spidey was $135, symbiote was i think $190. Now $190 for this bad costume and no accessories.

I put this figure in the Indy basket (but this isnt HT's fault).

i havent seen any personal attacks on those who are willing to pay. Its your money and a free country. Stuff seems to be directed to the quality and price relationship.

I really hope Hot Toys delays a bunch of figures and changes the delivery month. Black Widow, Loki, Thor, Joker 2.0, and this guy are all scheduled for December. Someone tell Hot Toys Santa isn't real.

Thanks Dave, will use if i don't go to OSB.

_______

:lol Seems math is a lost skill for people today. $205 is all-of-a-sudden a ridiculous slap in the face price, but $215 for Captain America and $275 for Joker are absolutley fine :slap

Cap has 2 head sculpts, 2 shields and an alien weapon. Joker has multiple layers of clothing and a diorama set up, 2 head sculpts and tons of accessories.

Spidey has 4 webs and 2 head sculpts. $200 sucks.

i havent seen any personal attacks on those who are willing to pay. Its your money and a free country. Stuff seems to be directed to the quality and price relationship.

I guess I just imagined all those posts about Nova and "school kids defending ASM". My bad. :dunno

I guess the suit was just expensive to engineer. I'd rather pay $205 for HT than $245 for Medicom.

Back