Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The headsculpt is great. :lecture

The mask warrants a little dissapointment though. Lenses are not too good, and the webbed circle should be in the middle of the lenses but is a bit below them.
The latter is not a huge problem, but hopefully HT can fix them.

Will this guy ever hurry up and get released. :impatient::panic::panic::panic:

Yeah. It's a great representation of Spider-Man on screen. I'm kinda disappointed we'll see a suit change in TASM2, but then again, it could mean a better suit. But I love this suit. It's such an original design, with a lot of unique features. Reflective lenses is an awesome touch, and I love the Spider emblem. I'm so pumped for this figure, but am so dissapointed it's the only figure from this line. I would love a Lizard/Connors or Gwen.

That's the bonus of having a big Spidey fan playing him. Captures the character right down to his moves and then some. Perfectly cast, IMO.

JamesHBK, they did the same thing on their Batman Begins line. Poor Neeson (and both Rachels for that matter) never got a figure of his character from Hot Toys, but for some reason, the Demon Batman who appeared for less than 3 seconds got a figure as well as a poorly made Scarecrow.

Hopefully they'll make more characters for the second movie and let's hope they'll make Lizard at some point.

Yeah. It's a great representation of Spider-Man on screen. I'm kinda disappointed we'll see a suit change in TASM2, but then again, it could mean a better suit. But I love this suit. It's such an original design, with a lot of unique features. Reflective lenses is an awesome touch, and I love the Spider emblem. I'm so pumped for this figure, but am so dissapointed it's the only figure from this line. I would love a Lizard/Connors or Gwen.

Yeah, the suit was great. Love the spider emblem on the back in particular, love the darker tones in the colours, the addition of web shooters, the blue over the fingers, and for some reason the mask always reminded me of the old live action tv show and movies. Don't know why but from the. First time I saw it that's what it reminded me of. Which is a great thing for me. Awesome suit design.

Thanks fellas :1-1:

The way Spidey moved was perfection for me

Yeah, that was one of my favourite elements of the movie, just the way spidey moved, jumped, crawled, everything.

I always thought in the back of my mind that this outfit was like a proto-suit and the next version would be more in line with his classic look.

That's the bonus of having a big Spidey fan playing him. Captures the character right down to his moves and then some. Perfectly cast, IMO.

I was in Hall H at SDCC for the Spidey movie panel when Andrew Garfield made his appearance....it was pretty apparent how stoked he was to be playing Spiderman. If you haven't seen it, I'm sure I can find it on Youtube, it was pretty cool...

Might as well post it, here it is. This was pretty cool to see in person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMcyclphuNs

It's a very heart warming speech actually! Really nice to see a genuine fan, who seems to be a real life nice guy, achieve his dream.

What do you guys think of Jamie Foxx as Electro? What do you guys think of Electro as the villain? :dunno

(I know, it's probably the wrong thread to ask in, but what the hell).

Exactly. He actually seems REALLY nervous and probably knew that he would be because he decided to write down most of his speech.

As far as Electro.....Love him as the villain, because it's something new instead of rehashing already used ones.

My initial reaction to Jamie Foxx was the same as most - WTF?!?

BUT, after some more thought, I do like him a lot as an actor and to be honest, I thought the same thing when I heard Heath Ledger was going to be The Joker. And we all know how that turned out.

At this point Marvel is doing so good with their movies IMO, that I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt.

I am curious to see what his outfit looks like though. I thought I had read that they were not going with the yellow/green look.

I'll give you my real answer after I see the movie. ;)

Yeah, I will be taking a trip to see Django in the cinema's to see how Foxx is in that.
You make a good point in giving both Marvel and Foxx the benefit of the doubt, as I myself was a little underwhelmed at the announcement of Rhys Ifans as Dr. Connors and ended up loving him.
His costume will be very intriguing. The yellow/green comic version, I would expect, would look a little foolish on screen.
As far as the villain goes, I agree. He has never been done before and with the standard of cinematic effects these days I get the feeling everyone will be super impressed.
I can't wait to see the Electro Origin though. :impatient:

You know what blows me away? Imagine the amount of time put in to draw all of those beautiful images....and they never even used the scene in the movie.

The images are amazing. It is interesting how they are clearly for the ASM because of the the Lizard design, but spidey is wearing his orifinal outfit.

Back