Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was supposed to be released by now, the delay was obvious as they had a ton of figures stated to release at the same time. I just hope this gets released by Feb at the latest

Just checked his preorder page on Sideshow. Still no new pics of his unmasked face...?

There isn't a HT version yet, just a prototype

:lol Lol, one of the best denial statement that I've read regarding a disappointment of a figure.
That's like saying theres no avengers Hulk or joker 2.0 figure yet...That IS a ht version but only til it's released do we find out if they decided to revise it or not.
Every once in awhile, HT will surprise everyone by releasing a tweaked sculpt such as the CR superman, but almost majority of the times, the proto is close to the final release.
Just look at all the mods people are doing to the dx12 batman, one of their biggest release and ht released it as it is so people are having to mod the hell out of it.

:lol Lol, one of the best denial statement that I've read regarding a disappointment of a figure.
That's like saying theres no avengers Hulk or joker 2.0 figure yet...That IS a ht version but only til it's released do we find out if they decided to revise it or not.
Every once in awhile, HT will surprise everyone by releasing a tweaked sculpt such as the CR superman, but almost majority of the times, the proto is close to the final release.
Just look at all the mods people are doing to the dx12 batman, one of their biggest release and ht released it as it is so people are having to mod the hell out of it.

Yes, this has been my experience as well. I used to collect 6" action figures and whenever new sculpts were shown, many times there was something "off". People would starting saying, this is just the prototype, not the final! The final would be released and nothing would have changed. I always expect it not to, if it does....great.

:exactly:

My only hope is that since this guy got delayed then we would see some sort of improvement. But as previously stated, it is very unlikely.

I think what people find strange is that HT haven't released any official pics of the head sculpt. ALL of their figures have promo pics containing a sculpt but this one still hasn't, which leads people to believe tweaks are being made. I for one don't think that is implausible given what I've just said!

normally i wouldn't be concerned with fig upon release, but after looking at the latest pic of spidey, ht need to fix the fig pronto :lecture i hope the final product will be different and will be much better, plus with amazing photos of OMG can help me calm down :panic:

I'm not worried for this figure, all that needs correcting is the waste line and the lenses, but I will most probs display mine with the Andrew sculpt anyway!

I'd agree except for the differences we've seen throughout the protos since it's reveal (the lens rim colour was changed, neck seam, roundness of the red strip)

We don't know what the final product looks like, so comparing one of several proto's to a final medicom product is pointless

Agreed, any comparison is premature until HT ships the figure. But what is concerning is the fact that those pics are in fact, new.
I have the Medi and I'm really happy with it but I also want the best representation of the figure so I haven't cancelled my PO for HT yet, but if the final product is closer to what we are seeing, it's an easy pass and I'm sticking to Medi.

Those pics claiming to be new have been posted online before, unless someone just happened to take the exact same shots from the exact same angle with the exact same lighting!

I think what people find strange is that HT haven't released any official pics of the head sculpt. ALL of their figures have promo pics containing a sculpt but this one still hasn't, which leads people to believe tweaks are being made. I for one don't think that is implausible given what I've just said!

:exactly::exactly:

I'd agree except for the differences we've seen throughout the protos since it's reveal (the lens rim colour was changed, neck seam, roundness of the red strip)

We don't know what the final product looks like, so comparing one of several proto's to a final medicom product is pointless

:exactly::exactly: We all know in hand, these figures almost never disappoint.

I think the Andrew sculpt is great also. Really good likeness.
With the release of Bane being pushed way forward, I wonder what impact, if any, it will have on this guy? I really hope he will not be pushed back again. :pray:

Back