Hot Toys - MMS175 - The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Thor Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THOR.jpg

WTF? Looks like Thor is about to turn into the Hulk :horror :chase

Let's try a similar angle and similar color-balance shall we?

THOR.jpg

Even though the colour is weird, I'd have to say that the sculpt definitely looks better from this angle.
It isn't 100%, not even 90%, but there is a better likeness than in the previous comparison pic.

I never had the original. Is the hammer basically the same between the 2? Does it have any metal/heaviness to it or is it all plastic? It looks really great.

Mjolnir's head is made of metal and the strap is synthetic leather. :D
It's got a really nice weight to it. It would hurt if you drop it onto
your foot.

pK93Pwy.jpg

holy cow... had reservations when i first pre-ordered this guy... but so glad i didn't cancel.. :yess::yess::panic::yess::yess:
The hair and details on the new one look better, but the likeness was still better on the original IMO. Probably gonna use the V1 head and modified helmet on the V2 body. Not really Thor to me without the helmet anyway, despite his almost never wearing it in the movies.

The hair and details on the new one look better, but the likeness was still better on the original IMO. Probably gonna use the V1 head and modified helmet on the V2 body. Not really Thor to me without the helmet anyway, despite his almost never wearing it in the movies.

I agree. The likeness on the first one was better, but still far away from perfect. A new paint job could improve it a lot. This new Thor version doesn't look much like Thor.. I should've in my opinion, being their second try. Hair color appears to be very dark, he has blonde hair not golden hair. But I think HT just does this on purpose.. They intentionally leave a lot room for improvement so they can continue releasing different versions of the same character with minor or major improvements.

Thor is my favorite character from The Avengers so it's going to be hard for me to pass on this. Like its been said, it's a great package overall. I just wished Thor was so popular that some great artist could make an awesome custom TA Hemsworth headsculpt..

I'm not sure if popularity plays that much of a role on redoing existing HT sculpts if your name isn't Heath Ledger. We've had several HT Robert Downey Jr. sculpts that miss the mark significantly, but no one to my knowledge with great sculpting skills has stepped up to give folks anything better.

So what is the evolution of the headsculpt? I seems to me that at first there was the Leo DiCaprio one, which they tweaked and the final product is again something different. So three versions??

So what is the evolution of the headsculpt? I seems to me that at first there was the Leo DiCaprio one, which they tweaked and the final product is again something different. So three versions??

Yeah and the second one was the best. Too bad it didn't make it to production.

We can still cancel and wait for THOR 2 figure, but as the costume looks vastly different from the Avengers one, those of us who want the Avengers diorama setup need the figure. Anyway I am very impressed with the tailoring and overall look of the figure that I am willing to forget about the headsculpt likeness. With figures like Jack Sparrow where Johnny Depp is more important than the character itself, the likeness plays a major role, however when I display Thor, people would recognize the character, not the actor. So no biggie for me. I am glad I preordered.

Back