Hot Toys - MMS175 - The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Thor Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loving this guy. The real metal Mjölnir is especially great.

Here is my attempt at a Shawn Michaels style pose.
20130325123547.jpg

And with Cap.
20130325123151.jpg

just got mine today... Amazing amazing amazing... its muscular !

lol Im just kidding Mr Stark !

IMG_4300_zps30000977.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_4298_zps6638cedb.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_4299_zps60da286e.jpg
[/IMG]

Man, I got the charging on the 21st email from SS, but I still haven't got a shipping notice. After seeing all of these pictures, the wait is killing me!!!:gah:

Got the mighty God of thunder today and he is awesome. Anyone have suggestions of what i should use to keep his rubber armor soft and not rottable?

I just went to order this guy through sideshow and it says its not available in my region, kinda bummed cause i really wanted this figure. I don't really want to order through bbts cause there shipping is a bit expensive.

They are selling Thor for $179.99 on TFAW (Things From Another World). There is a $5 coupon code. Type in ADVENTURE for the promo code. With shipping, it came out to be $188 to my house. But, I am waiting for the Thor 2 movie version, so I will skip on this one. Still, this is a pretty good deal. I ordered my DX12 from there, they are legit.

Ok, I got him, and here's my two cents.

The metal hammer is awesome, it has nice heft, though it would have been nice to have a second plastic one for long-term posing just in case. It does bug me how little he comes with compared to any of the other figures in the Avengers line thus far. I don't know what else he could have come with, but the plastic hammer would've been nice as an option.

- The cape is a pain in the butt, and I can't seem to get it to sit right on the inside. And why no wire for posing? A fail in my book.

- The headsculpt is ok, not 100% Hemsworth, but decent. I'm fine with it. If the Thor 2 head is excessively better I may pick one up as a replacement down the line.

- The rubber arms are really restrictive, but I don't know what they could have done differently here, besides making them sculpted arms, and then they couldn't really have reused the body. I get the issue, but I'm still meh on them.

- The sculpt on the armor is amazing, as are the rest of the outfit I haven't mentioned yet. Love that they worked on scale.

All in all, none of the Avengers, with the exception of Hawkeye, have blown me away just yet. I'm hoping Loki, Mark VII, or Hulk will change my mind. Still happy to be collecting this line, and none have been failures, just not 100% perfect for me.

Got this guy today, like some I'm not blown away by him, he seems very ridged which is my only negative on him. He is better than v.1 but that was going to be a given. I certainly think this guy should've had no chainmail on the arms or at least come as a two in one figure to stand it out from the original figure more.

They are selling Thor for $179.99 on TFAW (Things From Another World). There is a $5 coupon code. Type in ADVENTURE for the promo code. With shipping, it came out to be $188 to my house. But, I am waiting for the Thor 2 movie version, so I will skip on this one. Still, this is a pretty good deal. I ordered my DX12 from there, they are legit.

TFAW is where I get my HT figures, they are great. They are owned by Dark Horse Comics. They are a totally legit company with 3 stores in Oregon.

Back