Hot Toys - MMS174 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Captain America Offical Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've added some amazing figures to my collection this year: Iron Man MK II AU, Iron Man MK I 2.0, DX TDKR Batman, and Rescue Cap, but this guy takes the cake as my favourite of the bunch. Awesome outfit that hugs the body like a glove, and for the first time since Cannibal Jack I didn't have a QC issue.

Honestly though, you are a great role model for your children and for fathers everywhere! :clap

I enjoy your review videos and I'm pretty sure most who have seen them do as well. Will have a look at your Cap's review vid after I'm done with my work tonight. :hi5:

Actually I like your style quite a bit. My 3 year old son/7 year old daughter can watch your reviews with me which is nice. Appreciate your humor and that you keep it clean. No offense to others' reviews (that I enjoy as well) it's just I can watch your stuff in the daytime with kids around.
Great review!:hi5:

I also enjoy your more chilled out reviews sallah :)

Thanks very much guys! I really appreciate hearing that. :) I will pass the kind words on to the kids as well... :1-1:

Sallah

8373497253_91e17e5399_z.jpg

Sorry if this has been brought up before but you can even out the height disparity between the Avengers Cap and the FA Cap by switching out the foot pegs between these two figures.

l8noc.jpg

The FA Cap has really short foot pegs but the Avengers Cap has the long ones so by swapping the two, the FA Cap will end up a little taller and the Avengers Cap shorter so they meet in the middle.

Forgot to take before pic but the top of the FA Cap's helmet tops out at around the eye/nose level of the Avengers Cap before this mod.

Quick question... Is the new Cap even bigger than the FA Cap when he's on the longer ankle-pegs? Or is it the same size then?

Why use the new HT "normal" TT coming out, it's the same build as the old TT Adv? I think robbiethepainter did the switch out and the figure still look really nice, plus it might save you a few bucks.

You are correct sir. I used the Obama body that I had and I think it looks great and has great articulation now.

I like the hood even though I broke one of the snaps. Just gotta tuck it into the neck carefully. :) I've had the Rogers head on display for weeks now. This sculpt is by far the best of all the Caps IMO.

P1120053_zps021370c2.jpg

Anyone else have any trouble with the belt falling off? There are these tiny holes in the back and the belt isn't very tight. It's also a smidge off center.

I ended up throwing a staple in the belt in the back (well hidden). Now works like a charm.

The only other gripe I have is that the boots are not flat on the bottom. I'm debating using a hairdryer and heating to flatten the soles...

Last edited:
I got my Avengers Cap today and it ranks up there with on of my favorite figures. It looks great.

1358041968.jpg

Sorry if this has been brought up before but you can even out the height disparity between the Avengers Cap and the FA Cap by switching out the foot pegs between these two figures.

l8noc.jpg

The FA Cap has really short foot pegs but the Avengers Cap has the long ones so by swapping the two, the FA Cap will end up a little taller and the Avengers Cap shorter so they meet in the middle.

Forgot to take before pic but the top of the FA Cap's helmet tops out at around the eye/nose level of the Avengers Cap before this mod.

Once you do this do you know how they compare to Rescue Cap? Right now RCA seems to be around the same height of Avengers Cap.

Bored at home so I figured I'd use my micro Marco lens for my iPhone.

1BF72C92-3DE5-4F32-A17A-C8CFAAA7064B-60431-00002DAA8B71F68E.jpg

13D039C7-8D1A-4447-A775-95D2A2411FDB-60431-00002DAA93A4FDCB.jpg

F45A64E3-7648-4817-9272-E29FE6069C40-60431-00002DAA9A6D1242.jpg

Got to say this figure is one of my favorites. Love the detail that went in to the suit and the Steve Rogers HS.

Got this guy on Friday and I love him to death. Great sculpting and I think the figure version of the costume looks better than the one in the actual movie.

Just finding it hard to think of actual poses for him. However, I think he looks fine in a normal stance.

Our review is now up if you'd care to check it out-

cap18.jpg

Here's the link- Hot Toys MMS 174 Avengers Captain America 1/6th Scale Figure Review

...and here's our disclaimer again if you haven't caught our other Hot Toys reviews- Our review style is a bit different than most. Our reviews consist of a bunch of pictures of a figure with an accompanying video of my 10-year-old son Blaze (with guest appearances by my 5-year-old Keaton) and I rambling on about that specific figure. It is fun for us because this is a hobby we share and we feel it is kinda neat to see 2 generations offering their views on a current product. It isn't for everybody though, so I won't be offended if you skip the video and just look at the pics..)

cap26.jpg

-Sallah

Another wonderful review Sallah! I always look forward to them! Can't wait to see what you do with the rest of the Avengers team! :hi5:

And another great pic! :clap

Back