Hot Toys - MMS174 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Captain America Offical Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cap 2: WS concept art
They're making the suit more and more like the comic.
Damn, that's what i was afraid of..gonna be buying more cap HT figures :lol

602517_1871810236291548_1327806192_n.jpg

Seems like they're thinking of bringing back the helmet with strap too :clap
And look at those HYDRA soldiers!

Although not for the upcoming film, it would be cool if they went this route in the movie though. This is more of a best of both uniforms (TFA and Avengers) in terms of design.

I like the new Cap and understand why they want to get the characters more in line with the movies look. Much easier to get comic characters to "pull off" movie look vs. vice versa.

As for Romita, I do like his Spider-Man, but his other superheroes and human characters are kind of bad.

I know it's off topic and wrong movie but this caught my eye.

This is from the IM3 movie trailer.

C94D5F4D-49E4-4D34-B797-B72CECF1F789-11559-00000C2E76D41A30.jpg

Did a little brightening of the colors to show it a little better.

32C3AF6D-61A4-4DB7-B7F6-E538E8193DAD-11559-00000C2E749E5ED7.jpg

Is that a Captain America shield with the Avengers 'A' in the center?

Apparently Hot Toys released an update on the figs they were putting out in November, and Cap and Widow were not among them. My hopes of a December release in the states grow dimmer. Ah well, at this point what I could really go for is a nice photo shoot of these figs by OMG or the like by year's end. That would be my Christmas wish.

I pre ordered this figure yesterday off E Bay but rather worrying I got shipment notice this morning. I knew it was too much of a bargain when I won the auction for $120. God knows what's being sent!!!

WARNING

Possible SCAM on eBay.

Dear all, I am posting this to let you know that there is a possible scammer on eBay. I was also scammed over $1,500 by kamee088, and it seems a new user (possibly same person) is doing the same thing. The user is ganggang12312.

Similarities between kamee088's listing and ganggang12312's listings:

Same font used.
Same images used.
Same description used.
Same Hot Toys items.
Listings end within a few hours of each other.
First time selling collectables
Sold cheap beads to boost feedback score.

Here is the link of kamee088:
https://myworld.ebay.com.au/kamee088/&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2754

Here is the link of ganggang12312:
https://myworld.ebay.com.au/ganggang12312/?_trksid=p4340.l2559

Please compare for yourself and make your own judgement.

It is not my intention to defame ganggang12312 in any way. I just want to make the people that are most likely to buy these products aware that this may be a scam, and if I were you and won these awesome items at really cheap prices (like I did), I would think twice about paying, or at least pay with PayPal to ensure Buyer protection.

The listings end soon.

Please reply to this post if you have questions or concerns, or send me a private message.

Last edited:
They did announce that on there Japanese website and Iron Monger is listed on their for a November release which matches with that. However they didn't say that they will only be releasing the listed figures, Captain America, Thor and Loki are all STILL listed on the Hot Toys Japan website for a November release. Black Widow has always been a December release.

Whether or not they stick to that will have to be seen (most likely not). However if they want to release all the announced figures at some point we should get more than one release in a week. Maybe Snake and Boss will be released together one week and Thor and Loki will be released one week together.

They did announce that on there Japanese website and Iron Monger is listed on their for a November release which matches with that. However they didn't say that they will only be releasing the listed figures, Captain America, Thor and Loki are all STILL listed on the Hot Toys Japan website for a November release. Black Widow has always been a December release.

Whether or not they stick to that will have to be seen (most likely not). However if they want to release all the announced figures at some point we should get more than one release in a week. Maybe Snake and Boss will be released together one week and Thor and Loki will be released one week together.

I hope that's the case. I would love for there to be a couple more Avengers figures released before the end of the year.

It'd be very nice, my guess is that some of the characters are probably ready to ship they just have to stick to a schedule.

Apparently Hot Toys released an update on the figs they were putting out in November, and Cap and Widow were not among them. My hopes of a December release in the states grow dimmer. Ah well, at this point what I could really go for is a nice photo shoot of these figs by OMG or the like by year's end. That would be my Christmas wish.

Same here. I'm not expecting Hawkeye till December now which mean Cap and Widow - January/February? :(

WARNING

Possible SCAM on eBay.

Dear all, I am posting this to let you know that there is a possible scammer on eBay. I was also scammed over $1,500 by kamee088, and it seems a new user (possibly same person) is doing the same thing. The user is ganggang12312.

Same font used.
Same images used.
Same description used.
Same Hot Toys items.

It is not my intention to defame ganggang12312 in any way. I just want to make the people that are most likely to buy these products aware that this may be a scam, and if I were you and won these awesome items at really cheap prices (like I did), I would think twice about paying, or at least pay with PayPal to ensure Buyer protection.

The listings end soon.

Please reply to this post if you have questions or concerns, or send me a private message.

Yow! Thanks for the head's up! :horror

WARNING

Possible SCAM on eBay.

Same font used.
Same images used.
Same description used.
Same Hot Toys items.

The listings end soon.

Funny you should post that I did bid on a few of his auctions but lost all of them thankfully.

That's not the end though...I have received second chance offers for the items I lost including a Batpod at my highest offer of £70

I thought it all looked to good to be true so I won't be taking them up & I'm glad I thought about checking him out on Google just in case.

Thanks for the heads up & I urge anyone else to be wary...really, really wary!!

Neil

Back