Hot Toys - MMS174 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Captain America Offical Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah mine had the belt issue too, due to all the stupid plastic wrap on him. Why did he have that anyway? So it came off, and it's not really secure now with those hooks

Got this guy this weekend. I have TFA at the house going toe to toe with a DX02, so this guy sits on my desk at work. Of course I'm not a purist. The red leather gloves & cuffed boots are just an essential part of Caps look to me.

Avenger 2.jpg

Last week. I forget the actual date. There were a number of people who were searching for "Username" to get me to do custom work for them and not finding me. So i switched back.

Its good to be da king!

So I'm goofing off and stuck the TFA headsculpt on my Avenger. Obviously he already has SSM gloves/feet. I like it better this way.

If I could tone down the blue on this outfit and get rid of the silver piping, I think he'd be just about perfect.

Does this fall within the parameters of the "re-imagining" contest SSC is having?

IMG_20140317_155011.jpg

Attachments

• Cap Bash.jpg
    Cap Bash.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 555
I'm gonna get one for $150, but with a slightly flaked shield. Hopefully I can paint the scratches and clear coat it

Don't have enough talent to do that! I guess I'll do that *if* it ever gets worse.

Here it is. The battle damaged shield is perfectly fine. Is it supposed to flake too? The paint app look different

IMG_1504.JPG

More kitbashing. So a question for the peanut gallery: Blue belt or Red belt?

Belt.jpg

With the Red Belt he is actually a hodge-podge of four different Caps.

I think with the SSM boots and gloves, the red belt looks okay. But you will want to colour match it slightly better. And if you could colour match the boots and gloves to the stripes, it would really tie it all together even more!

If anyone needs a spare shield, I'm selling mine here.

Brand new, in box. Just don't need it. I like the battle-damaged one.

Seconding the recommendation for Tamiya spray, btw.

How much is a displayed Avengers Cap going for these days (w/ a Tamiya-79 sprayed shield w/ only slight flaking)? Might sell mine and have strictly a First Avenger and Winter Soldier collection.

How much is a displayed Avengers Cap going for these days (w/ a Tamiya-79 sprayed shield w/ only slight flaking)? Might sell mine and have strictly a First Avenger and Winter Soldier collection.
Avengers Cap seems to be going anywhere for $280 - $350 on ebay, including opened ones.

Glad I got mine from Toysquare fro $250 when I had the chance. He really is one of the best figures next to Loki, Iron Man and Hawkeye.

Back