Hot Toys - MMS174 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Captain America Offical Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the tip . I have mine displayed with the regular and the BD is in storage. Will look for the spray at a local hobby shop.

Here's the video I did painting the shield. Sorry for the video distortion that happens at times. I think my camera is on its last leg.

Question on shields that have already started to flake. Is there a paint I could by that I could apply to touch up the areas that have already fallen off? Something that gets cose to the Red paint already on the shield? I'll spray with a sealer coat afterwards, but really want to cover up those flaked areas before I seal it.

Question on shields that have already started to flake. Is there a paint I could by that I could apply to touch up the areas that have already fallen off? Something that gets cose to the Red paint already on the shield? I'll spray with a sealer coat afterwards, but really want to cover up those flaked areas before I seal it.

Yeah, I'd like to know this as well. I just picked up a TFA Cap with a shield that has some flaking already. I'm not a great painter but would be willing to try it if it isn't too hard.

I was dusting my figures last night and must have accidently moved the belt on my TA CA in a weird way that the last pouch (left side) on the belt came slightly off.

I did some inspecting and it appears that the pouch has 2 small hooks (like the flower on DX Nicholson Joker) that go into 2 small indentions on the belt strap. Does anyone know an easy way to re attach the pouch? I tried for a while and couldn't get it. I am afraid of doing more damage.

Any help would be appreciated.

I was dusting my figures last night and must have accidently moved the belt on my TA CA in a weird way that the last pouch (left side) on the belt came slightly off.

I did some inspecting and it appears that the pouch has 2 small hooks (like the flower on DX Nicholson Joker) that go into 2 small indentions on the belt strap. Does anyone know an easy way to re attach the pouch? I tried for a while and couldn't get it. I am afraid of doing more damage.

You could glue it

You could glue it

Thanks for the reply. I don't think that would be a good idea. Given the fact that the hooks are there. I would have to either remove the hooks or bend them and that is something that could cause more damage in my opinion.

Bought one on ebay for $240! Brand new and all, should be coming next week. what are the methods for preventing shield flaking?

I use two poses, one walking the other pointing. My glossy shield has also randomly flakes without me ever touching or cleaning it..!

8y3e5yzu.jpg

ahu3u9yh.jpg

Bought one on ebay for $240! Brand new and all, should be coming next week. what are the methods for preventing shield flaking?

Good find , congrats! I've had my caps for 6 months now and so far no flaking. There's a tutorial someone put up a few pages back about a clear coat spray

Tamiya-79, don't need a tutorial, just spray... LOL

It's easy for someone to really screw something up when you tell them to "just spray". You can get runs and junk in the finish by not doing it properly. I've seen pictures posted here that look like *** because the shield wasn't prepped correctly.

I had the same issue. I didn't even move my Cap weird. But eventually the thread that the hooks go into just seemed to weaken. Right now it's staying on so I haven't done anything. I guess glueing is the next step for me, too.

Back