Hot Toys - MMS174 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Captain America Offical Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loving the display. great collection dude.
No worries. Here's the bootleg HT body i have on my "fake" Cap.

Here's the Avengers one in my Cap shelf:

unnamed.jpg

And here's the fake one in my Avengers shelf:

null_zpsaf83c09a.jpg

That looks great Bar! The traps look more accurate on your fake one, which I had been wanting to try for a while, myself. Makes me confident I can find one I'm happy with.

Anyone know a decent price to buy Cap? Also wondering if anyone here may have him.

I just realized that the shield on my Capt America figure is starting to chip from around the edges.... Googled about it and found out that its a common problem... Damn. First the belt on my Origins Wolverine figure which was falling apart, now Captain America's shield:gah:

The figure has been left untouched ever since I opened it up last year. Really strange to have paint chipping off the shield just like that... Spend so much money on these figures, and these sort of thing happens..... Very disappointing.

^^^ It's going to happen to everyone's..... that's why it's best to spray it before anything happens. Otherwise you're going to have to go through the trouble of repainting it.

^^^ It's going to happen to everyone's..... that's why it's best to spray it before anything happens. Otherwise you're going to have to go through the trouble of repainting it.

I only just found out about this being a common problem... If I had known about it earlier, I would've sprayed it before it has started to chip. Right now its only around the edges and a small part on the surface near the edge. Wondering now if it will spread like rashes all over the shield....

What do you spray it with? Just want to make sure I'm thinking along same lines as you guys with more experience.

The spray from Tamiya works well... Look for the TS-79 semi-gloss clear spray. So before any further damage is done on both shields, I've just sprayed both my battle damage and regular shield. The end result gives it a nice matte yet shiny look to the shields.

12318584365_c8d747de9d.jpg

This was the shield before I sprayed it >>>

12303666524_b5bbbc5e27_b.jpg

After I sprayed it. Also sprayed the battle damage shield just in case.. >>>

12318396975_03d227654b_b.jpg

12318547813_bb791567ce_b.jpg

The paint chipping away on the regular shield mostly around the edges and a small part on the surface near the edge. I will need to touch up these areas with some red metallic color soon. No paint chips on the battle damage shield thankfully.

12318380835_23586d7337_b.jpg

Last edited:
I'm in the market for one too. eBay prices are a little steep. Unless he'll be wearing the same suit in Avengers 2, in which case I'll wait for that ...
I'll bet you $50 right now that he is NOT wearing the same costume for the duration of the avengers sequel. It might be shown, but he will 100% have a new look.

I'll bet you $50 right now that he is NOT wearing the same costume for the duration of the avengers sequel. It might be shown, but he will 100% have a new look.

They want to sell new figures be it hot toys or their 6inch figures etc.. So without a doubt, the entire gang of Avengers, in particular Iron Man obviously, will be wearing different outfits and won't be the same from the first Avengers movie. The only characters I've seen that have worn the same or similar outfits are Nick Fury and Agent Coulson. Unless I'm mistaken, Nick Fury is basically wearing the same outfit head to toe with every movie and that one tv appearance he had on Agents of SHIELD...

Last edited:
Back