Hot Toys - MMS174 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Captain America Offical Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whenever you guys are having a bad shield day, be happy you aren't this guy!
1626_10100955977525226_17395922_n.jpg

He simply wiped the dust off with a cloth and this happened. It's clear that it's the red paint that they use. Seeing as it's an issue on the IM figures as well. They need to pick out a better red paint. :dunno

People are having a major war of the words on FB :lol

Oh really? I may have to take a peak over there. I assume its about the Iron Monger as well?

I did have a quick look but quickly got fed up of the ridiculous attitude and language (not to mention hideous spelling) of some of the 'individuals' there. Is that all FB is good for? I joined because I needed to to enter a competition and have posted a few times, but good grief! It just seems like a site to exercise a phenomenal waste of a person's time.

I suppose one could say that about this site, that all we are doing is wasting our time over our dollies. But folks here are creative and gifted (thanks for the DX09 cape Tony) have wicked customisation skills (nice one Elvis) or take killer photos (well done there OMG and Maglor) and even when we do fall out and have arguments, it's never like the sad losers on FB.

Thank goodness!

Last edited:
scored one for 195$, never been taken out but without maskless HS. bummer thought not PO'ing this time around was the way to go since those I've PO'ed in the past you can get for a much cheaper price after a few months. I guess HT's playing us with a law on supply and demand.

Those are the things that need to be brought up to Hot Toys and Howard Chan. Show them that the shield paint breaks down and that Iron Man is getting red undies because of the paint.

And yeah I practically quit going to Hot Toys Facebook. I still hit up One Sixth every now and again but that's about it.

He simply wiped the dust off with a cloth and this happened. It's clear that it's the red paint that they use. Seeing as it's an issue on the IM figures as well. They need to pick out a better red paint. :dunno

ouch :horror

Man... :slap That looks awful. I'll be picking up my CA figure later this month and I wouldn't want that to happen to the shield! What can I, we, do to prevent this issue before it happens??? Anyone knows??

Man... :slap That looks awful. I'll be picking up my CA figure later this month and I wouldn't want that to happen to the shield! What can I, we, do to prevent this issue before it happens??? Anyone knows??

I'm glad I saw this, I'm not even going to touch my shield then, fingers crossed it stays flawless:pray:

I'm glad I saw this, I'm not even going to touch my shield then, fingers crossed it stays flawless:pray:

But there has to be some kind of liquid that you could apply to the shield to seal the colors so they won't flake off.

But there has to be some kind of liquid that you could apply to the shield to seal the colors so they won't flake off.

but wouldn't rubbing anything on it cause the paint to come off? I think the best way to go if you have to dust the shield go with an air duster

but wouldn't rubbing anything on it cause the paint to come off? I think the best way to go if you have to dust the shield go with an air duster

I was thinking about spray painting it on. I think I read someone saying on OSR's facebook page that they just blew on the shield to remove dust and the color came off...

wow, that shield looks terrible. Guess I'll be sticking with the battle-damaged shield for display. I'm hoping somebody posts up whether or not you can put a clearcoat on this thing. I'm no painter, but I could manage a clear coat to protect this.

Fess up EHollywood! the reason that suit is so beat up is 'cos you work late, dress up in it and run around like a loon :blissysmi Dontcha? Dontcha?

I would :naughty

Back