Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recon we'll get all the Preds reissued in 1/6 & just a select few in 1/4

If 1/4 really takes off I don't see a reason why we won't see everything that we get at 1/6 being made in 1/4. We're gonna have to choose one scale or the other or be very selective in both.

As long as Hot Toys actually pulls through with their claims that the 1/4 platform allows for more details, and is more generous with metal components, then I'll bite. But if all they're doing is making a larger version of the same figures, I'll gladly pass. Price will definitely factor into the equation, of course.

Pretty sure I'm gonna be passing on all high-end 1/4 scale Predators regardless. Just won't have the money. Might try for Dutch if they do make him though.

Pretty sure I'm gonna be passing on all high-end 1/4 scale Predators regardless. Just won't have the money. Might try for Dutch if they do make him though.

You mean Dutch and P1. Come on. If they minimize their accuracy issues, it'll be such a hard figure to pass up. :)

My thoughts, too. At least we'll be able to compare their 1/4-scale Endoskeletons.

In theory you'd think that competition would make the companies stand up and try and better the other. The question is whether people have brand loyalty or license loyalty. For example, in reagrds to Predators; if someone like NECA made a 1/6 Predator and put in an extra 10/20% of what they achieved with their big Pred I'd happily be content with them.

You mean Dutch and P1. Come on. If they minimize their accuracy issues, it'll be such a hard figure to pass up. :)

If I buy the P1 I'll want their 1:4 P2 aswell...and then probably the Berserker to match what I've got at 1:6. Together with Terminator and Robocop stuff it would all be too much really. It'll be difficult, no denying that. However I seem to be able to tolerate low-end creatures at 1:4 moreso than low-end humans and cyborgs at 1:4, therefore I'd get Dutch at high-end and be content with the Predators themselves at low end in that scale. Thats my tentative plan at this stage anyway. Light-up wrist bombs and flashing green eye-lens masks will really test that though. But come the time I quite simply may not have the money and that will make up my mind for me.

In theory you'd think that competition would make the companies stand up and try and better the other. The question is whether people have brand loyalty or license loyalty. For example, in reagrds to Predators; if someone like NECA made a 1/6 Predator and put in an extra 10/20% of what they achieved with their big Pred I'd happily be content with them.

If NECA decided to enter the high end fray with their aliens and predators, they'd get all of my money.

I have what they call "Cool action figure Loyality". ie who ever makes the best looking figures get my money.

So far Enterbay have the best Terminator 2 so they got my money. If Hot toys trump it then cool, I will upgrade.
Competition will only benefit us.

Loyality to any one company is just weird I personaliy think. Those folks who queue for Apple products man??:cuckoo:

I really liked the Neca 1/4 Preds I thought they were great, only sold mine because they were taking up too much space. The only thing I wasn't to happy with was the paint job on the Bio but still I cant moan considering how much they cost but if Neca can make something so good for that kind of price, I'd love to see what they could do higher end.

Back