Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I pre-ordered this guy when he was announced then today I realized that he comes out at roughly the same time as the 4 video games I have on pre-order ,so I thought about it and decided to cancel this one.

And I'm already regretting it.

Why don't you buy a few of those games when they're cheaper? You can count on the games getting cheaper if you wait, you can't say the same for 1/6 figures.

The head being as it is at the moment is not really going to be a problem once we have the figure in hand. Classic is incredibly incorrect but it doesnt stop people giving it exceedingly high praises. TBH Ive not read a negative comment about the head sculpt in months. There probably has been somewhere but i must of skimmed and missed them.

I liked Classic's headsculpt from the start, and chose to oversee its flaws (closed mandibles mind you. the open ones were and still are unforgivable). When I got it in hand I proceeded to oversee its flaws once again. Then after a couple months of getting bored with my display I realised that the headsculpt was the problem. No matter how much I tell myself it looks like Classic, the cons just pop out at me.

Now after putting on the BD helmet on, I feel like the display is a whole lot more accurate and fresh. Plus I'm finally satisfied with it.

The head being as it is at the moment is not really going to be a problem once we have the figure in hand. Classic is incredibly incorrect but it doesnt stop people giving it exceedingly high praises. TBH Ive not read a negative comment about the head sculpt in months. There probably has been somewhere but i must of skimmed and missed them.

That's what I was thinking.

I actually thought Classic's headsculpt looked stronger with the open mandibles than with the closed ones. This seems to be the case with the new City Hunter, anyway.

I do not like HT's incorrect Classic predator headsculpt, so i display him mask on all the time.

But for P2 City Hunter, i definitely will display him unmasked because i like his forehead pattern.

I do not like HT's incorrect Classic predator headsculpt, so i display him mask on all the time.

But for P2 City Hunter, i definitely will display him unmasked because i like his forehead pattern.
For me the difference is that Classic Predator in the film looked like ____; and I don't mean that in a subjective way. I mean it looked like a cheap halloween mask. Hot Toys knew what the filmmakers were trying to do - recreate the original Predator - so with the figure Hot Toys just did that.

With the city hunter though, they aren't improving upon the creature used on film; they're just being cheap and lazy and recycling an old head sculpt.

Preordered, missed out on the first one not going to miss out on this one. Hope they re-release the AVP Scar Predator

Preordered, missed out on the first one not going to miss out on this one. Hope they re-release the AVP Scar Predator

Same here :yess:
Obviously I dont work for HT but I'm quite sure they will reissue all the main AVP Preds especially with the 1/4, 1/6 Pred announcment they did a little while ago.

Same here :yess:
Obviously I dont work for HT but I'm quite sure they will reissue all the main AVP Preds especially with the 1/4, 1/6 Pred announcment they did a little while ago.
all with same headsculpt :D

I am eagerly awaiting the AVP Preds (Scar, Celtic, Chopper and the 2 Ancients) as I missed all the original releases when they were still being sold at retail prices. I only have the AVP Elder Pred.

Skipping this P2 to cut down on cost as I already have the original P2 BD version.

Back