Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I try to edit the HT's photos with old P2 head.
Overall looks quite nice, better than original new head sculpt.

Oldheadonnew02.jpg

Oldheadonnew01.jpg

Sorry for poor picture because i am not a Pro on Photoshop...

Not bad at all^ That there is a definitive P2 IMO. Just add proper gripping left hand.

The ad nauseum from some gets boring.

Then I'll just refer you to this:

FYI, there is an ignore feature folks can use if they don't care to see what certain other members post.

You tell me to put you on ignore but I don't see why you don't consider it yourself.

Last edited:

Oldheadonnew02.jpg

Oldheadonnew01.jpg

Looks great! That has to be shown to HT by email and facebook! Do it! Do it now!! :lecture :lecture :lecture

Hot Toys won't reuse the old head sculpt guys...come on.

They've invested money into the sculpt and molds to get this made.

They're not simply going to abandon it in favor of an old sculpt just to please a few critics.

They're not simply going to abandon it in favor of an old sculpt just to please a few critics.

Sabres is right , if they have molded the head we are screwed.sadly but im still buying :rotfl:rotfl

In the end what it matters is that they have a better product to sell better, so if they have a better option by using the old sculpt, why not? Using a worse sculpt just because they spent time on it while they have a better one isn't a better option. Look at that photoshoped pic, that is the P2!

Probably right. In fact I can see them making no changes to the sculpt at all. Hopefully the old head will be compatible with the new body though, for those of us who kept the old one.

Even if Hot Toys already can't change anything about this Predator 2, all the complaints could make them try harder and stop reusing old for parts their new release.

I don't know, but as much more these issues are discussed and pics shown the more I'm prefering the old one over the new one. I may end up waiting that the new one decreases in value and buy the BD version instead of the new one. Every time I look at the new one now what I see is a Classic or Shadow in cosplay pretending to be P2. :dunno

Tsang just resculpted back and added some new details to the Shadow/Classic head.
One-evening-work.

And what molds? Didn't seen any :dunno:wink1:
They already have those old molds.

I'm just sick and tired of them releasing these figures without a backdrops, they could at least included the background image backdrop or a better stand like they did with the 2009 classic predator and the PREDATORS version.

So NOT the point when that member is being purposefully disruptful, OVER AND OVER AGAIN, in a thread that is then locked.

FYI, that's what mods are for.
This forum is a place for people to share their opinions and have discussions with one another. In the course of that, sometimes, folks won't get along. I've read Butters' posts, and though I can see how they are annoying and raise the blood pressure of some members, they really aren't that big of a deal for someone looking from a less involved point of view. Just ignore him if everything he posts bothers you. Easy to do, then you won't have to respond to him or get involved in these disputes. The other alternative is not to take things personally, to remember that this is a forum about toys where people are anonymous, and to relax.

Darklord Dave's advice to all mods here is that "less moderation is more." We aren't interested in infracting/banning members just because they like to aggravate others a bit. There are a number of members that do that, more or less, some of which were around long before even I showed up. And unless they really go overboard or until/unless the admin changes his attitude, then it really would be best if folks could just try to accept that some will have different points of view, and if you have irreconcilable problems with someone, then you should use the ignore function, which exists for issues like this one.

Butters doesn't like NECA. Fine. I've asked him to stay out of NECA threads considering that he's only going to be there to rile people up. He does like Hot Toys, so he has a right to talk about them here, and to be a bit of a "Hot Toys fanboy" if he so chooses.

Having said all that, I think civility is important, so I would kindly ask that Butters and those responding to him attempt to work on their ability to have more civilized discussions. Treating others' opinions as illegitimate and name-calling is inappropriate, and if it keeps happening there could be negative consequences for all involved.

I think civility is important, so I would kindly ask that Butters and those responding to him attempt to work on their ability to have more civilized discussions.

Sorry to say this but this is never going to happen. In the real world maybe; but this is the internet where people use egos of themsleves to express that their opinion is fact.

Tsang just resculpted back and added some new details to the Shadow/Classic head.
One-evening-work.

And what molds? Didn't seen any :dunno:wink1:
They already have those old molds.

I think he means the figure is made and has been molded to produce (5000+ or less i don't know) the production picture is a plastic toy not clay painted and posed.But i am guessing here and just chatting :duff

Oldheadonnew02.jpg

Oldheadonnew01.jpg

You underestimate yourself. Those look really awesome. Let's hope that someone over at Hot Toys is paying attention.

Wow, it's unfortunate that they didn't just use that same head...I would have ordered.

So beautiful.. :(

Back