Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Regarding the cannon/pole on the HT figure: In case people don't realize this, you CAN adjust it.

Looks like all the promo pics.
watermark.php

Now it doesn't.
watermark.php

You can even adjust it completely straight (or even mod it to remove that pole all together) so it doesn't stick out at all. But there's a problem with that. A really BIG problem.

We don't have the luxury of "movie magic".

You'll notice in that YouTube clip (and just in general ALL clips of P2 during Predator 2) that every time he uses his plasma cannon all his dreads on the left side of his head are magically out of the way. Yet in every other scene, they completely obstruct that entire section of his armor where the plasma cannon sits (when it's in firing mode).

If you have a P2 figure try putting the cannon completely straight with all the dreads pushed behind it and you'll see how ____ed up and stupid it looks.

So in this case, screen accurate isn't an option because that whole look was faked for those specific scenes. In reality, even if someone off screen was remotely controlling the cannon they couldn't just raise it up into firing position because all the dreads would block it and it would be a cluster ____. :lol

I agree about the face though. But since I always display them with bio's it doesn't matter to me as much. Doesn't mean it's ok. Just means for me, it's not that big of an issue. Completely understand people caring about it though.

I feel the same way. I too keep the masks on and the small inaccuracies in the lower part of the head do not really bother me. My biggest issue is just the rusted look of the mask.

If I would have bought the first releases, I would definately upgrade this one.

I posted it on HT's facebook
I understand, maybe they don't care about it. But who know?

new_ht_07.jpg

new_ht_06.jpg

hot_toys_predator_VS_movie_predator_02.jpg

So it appears that instead of giving fans a set of fully closed mandables, they chose to give us a set of semi-closed mandables. Why not sculpt and throw in a pair of fully closed mandables too? I think most would be pleased with that, no?

So it appears that instead of giving fans a set of fully closed mandables, they chose to give us a set of semi-closed mandables. Why not sculpt and throw in a pair of fully closed mandables too? I think most would be pleased with that, no?
They're including the half-open mandibles because that's what they had lying around :gah:

They're including the half-open mandibles because that's what they had lying around :gah:

That's what I say too.
They're trying to be as economical as possible then charge us as if it's a completely new mold/figure.

But that's what you do from a business standpoint.

Only a small little L-shaped piece.
Either way, if that is what people are complaining about...

Still not movie accurate...

I can understand Hot Toys / NECA making it that way for 'Action Figure' purposes...

But the connon pole does not worry me that much at all.

Last edited:
If hot toys made the cannon movie accurate so the cannon travelled in that grove as it's supposed to then there would be no need for that long pole. It is hot toys being lazy the way it's been implemented.
Here is a shot of guardian pred from the movie note the position of the cannon in of line mode. Shot of hot toys guardian pred note how much lower the cannon sits in of line mode because of the long pole.

Predator2_113.jpg
[/IMG]
16042012531.jpg
[/IMG]

Back