Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had just concern too much on the head sculpt...so i haven spot the cannon got problems.

So what is the problem on the cannon?
Thanks.

Here is a couple of picks showing the p2 armour & how the cannon should sit on it should be slightly bigger as well. Not on that long pole as hottoys have it.

pred2_armor_sm_19.jpg
pred2_armor_sm_20.jpg
pred2_armor_sm_16.jpg

HT's version copied from Mcfarlane's inaccurate sculpt which is WRONG! :)

550216_10150649820302344_58690437343_9476266_1800611108_n.jpg

The size of the cannon. The pole thing that they're complaining about is accurate.

OK, thanx. People who complains and complains about the proto pics, just go to Stan Winston Studios and buy the original 1:1 suit, statue or wharever and you'll have 1000% accuracy of the predator and problem solved!

I think HT figure looks fantastisc and it's good enough for me.

:wave

Although there are slight differences between the head sculpts of the City Hunter and the Shadow Preds they are Very similar,what do you guys think? ( it's still a cool piece..still bought, but I wish it were different) A Pred is a Pred.....

pred2_armor_sm_20.jpg

Fan made...
Even if that is fan made, its more movie accurate. The pole they copied from McFarlane is not accurate. the point of that ridge that runs down the left side of the back armor is for the canon to slide and rotate in. Watch how it works, and also note how much larger it is than Hot Toys:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP2IFFQQFpU&sns=em[/ame]

You can still see the pole in that video if you look closely.
There's some kind of short piece that connects the canon to whatever slides up and rotates in that gutter down the left side of the back. But it's by no means a "pole" like what Hot Toys uses. The canon should be at least twice as big and almost sit right on the shoulder, not stick out an inch from the body on a stick.

The only thing that bothered me about the original city hunter was how badly painted the body was. The paint apps here look amazing, but, dang, that just is not HIM. I think HT has kind of painted themselves into a corner. There're things that are waaaayy off about the original city hunter, but we accepted it because it was the closest we had (A sixth scale Predator figure?!?!!! AAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!). Now we're just not willing to accept anything but pure perfection. I'm not sure why, but count me among those that expect it. Maybe the novelty of having such things available it wearing off. Hopefully HT can get there before their cost/sales ratio goes belly-up.
A year ago, I never would have guessed I'd be passing on a Terminator 2 and Predator 2 figure.

I'm really dun get why hottoys will put lot of time to get all the human sculpt right,but not even a predator??
They have push over 20 plus predators already,they still dun get it...... :dunno

P2h63hw.jpg

i remember this one from a robocop comic. came as a free inlay/centerfold. man, that sounds old. haha

Back