Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh cmon, not a case here.
It's all about this odd HTs point "Tsang does it as he sees it".

Why only Tsang?
Why not give the "HEAD-work" to someone else?
No good sculptors left?

:lol

Gotta say man I'm not sure exactly what you're saying here. I was just backing up Lar'ja's right to not be happy with the figure if he so chooses, no matter what I personally think of the figure.

Are you slagging off the usual criticism of Tsang doing the Predators in his own way or are you supporting that criticism here?

I fear i will be lured into the trap with this that i was lured into with classic. With Classic i had a batch 1 and 2 so i decided to make 1 a P1 and keep the other as classic.

But this P2 comes with the stump arm. So now im thinking, I have 1 displayed with combi-stick in right hand raised, skull in left hand and wearing bio mask. Then stump arm with either re-breather or open mandibles and looking a bit slumped. Damn i might buy 2.

Gotta say man I'm not sure exactly what you're saying here.
I was just backing up Lar'ja's right to not be happy with the figure if he so chooses, no matter what I personally think of the figure.
I wasn't against it, just note that this is not the best approach in my opinion.
You pay a lot of money for HT figure this days and you have all rights to require accuracy and stuff.

Are you slagging off the usual criticism of Tsang doing the Predators in his own way or are you supporting that criticism here?
2nd :monkey3

nec_ac.jpg

:monkey3

LOL...I bought the masked City Hunter. I think it's pretty good considering size and the price I paid compared to the HT one. I didn't buy the unmasked one as I agree the face does look kind of crappy.

Now Hot Toys needs to redo the P2 Elder Predator so we don't have to spend $800 for one.

:(:(:(:(:(

I don't know, I'm still enjoying them, especially the Predator 2 Elder.

It's certain we'll get a new P2 Elder. Not sure in which scale, but I'll assume 1/6 (seems like they're saving 1/4 for P1 and Dutch at the moment, which is a smart move; people would rather buy only the most iconic characters at that price point).

The original P2 Elder is pretty damn fantastic as is, it'll be difficult for HT to improve much on the original.
I think Scar or Celtic will be next

Remember the Gort nightmare...
:thud:

How could I forget? :lol

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94iMQ4QKc6A[/ame]

The original P2 Elder is pretty damn fantastic as is, it'll be difficult for HT to improve much on the original.

I'm kind of nervous about how Tsang will handle the mandibles on that one. You might be able to get away with this pose here, but Elder's mandibles only have one look in the entire movie.

I wasn't against it, just note that this is not the best approach in my opinion.
You pay a lot of money for HT figure this days and you have all rights to require accuracy and stuff.

2nd :monkey3

Ah, well I agree. I mean what happened to the guy who used to be on Predator duty at HT. His P2 and Elder sculpts are much praised, especially in light of Tsang's stuff which, though extremely detailed, are definitely his personal interpretations. The other guy I can only imagine would be even better now than he was before.

really no predator stuff from any company is 100% accurate and perfect, even tho we all wished they were,but i'm really likeing this new ht p2 ,even with it's few flaws, hopefully some things will get fixed in production.it's going to be in my collection, no matter.

Back