Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sprig, I like you, you're in my friend's list (I think), however, I don't see ANY NECA fanboy trolling going on here. In fact, it's usually the opposite.

Like I have to repeatedly say, over and over, I'm not a fan of NECA or HT. I really, really, really, really, really just want the most accuracy. And HT is capable of delivering this, but they simply won't. That's why I usually prefer the NECA figures over HT's. Because the sculpt is almost always dead-on.

I like this figure, it's cool, it's a huge improvement over the first release in the paint/detail department...but the MOST IMPORTANT parts of it are screwed up. Bio/face. And it's somthing easily avoidable..so as a huge Predator fan, I have a right to be disappointed.

A realisation for accuracy fans that this is just the Hoy Toys way; always has been and always will be with the Preds. Just like the other company beginning with 'N', which is good for accuracy fans but not suited for people looking for quality pieces, like this.

I feel alittle underwhelmed like most, but I think overall it's much better than the first issues, however my biggest peeve right now is the fricking wristblades...they should be the p1 style not the old curved avp ones

Like devil says, this is a massive improvement over the first P2 in my eyes. Just compare the two bodies alone, and you'll see that there is no comparison. I can't speak to the nuances of how accurate the mask is or any of that, but this figure looks great, just like Classic did in comparison to the first P1 release.

Indeed the difference between this and the original is huge.

To me the mask on P2 is top priority. It's my favourite of all the Predator masks, maybe on par with Wolf, and there's just something about it that's not clicking with me. Is it the bumps, slightly too big...:dunno

:exactly: and the mandibles just don't sell this as a P2, those are the most distinguishing features that seperates this one from the others, and right now with the current mandibles it's too much of a variant Classic than a Uniquely P2

Ahhh.. that I agree with.

:1-1:

hopefully these few flaws will be ironed out, when production begins and the final p2 will be great, and everyone will be happy.
can't wait to get mine.

A realisation for accuracy fans that this is just the Hoy Toys way; always has been and always will be with the Preds. Just like the other company beginning with 'N', which is good for accuracy fans but not suited for people looking for quality pieces, like this.
Yep, you can't help but think "You know, this will be it. HT will make this the most accurate predator ever" when you hear about a new release, though. You (in general) just don't want to accept the fact that we simply, will never get one from HT.

The only thing that kind of bothers me is the texture of the mask, but like the Berserker, they will most likely fix it. Other than that, exellent.

A-DEV

i have been and was, but have sold all my neca stuff, used to collect mcfartland back in the day too, and love neca's predator and alien sculpts,but don't love their cheap qc and sloppy paint jobs on them.
the only neca figure i plan on buying is the alien queen and maybe some 1/4 predators if they change the netting and up the paint on them.

I like this figure, if they can smooth the mask out enlarge the canon slightly, & get rid of that stupidly long pole it sits on then he's a
definite buy. Can anyone tell, if the lenses in the bio are mesh like in the movie, or the smooth black ones they first gave classic?

Predator2_26-1.jpg

:exactly: and the mandibles just don't sell this as a P2, those are the most distinguishing features that seperates this one from the others, and right now with the current mandibles it's too much of a variant Classic than a Uniquely P2

:1-1:

Spot on. Predator 2 should be unique, he has a great design and deserves to have attention to detail.

You (in general) just don't want to accept the fact that we simply, will never get one from HT.

I know we've talked about this before and didn't we come to the conclusion that we either accept and buy or simply don't buy.

Alright! I bought the Neca City Hunter figure thinking that I'll never be able to get the Hot Toys one.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKjwq24Y9d0&t=36s[/ame]

36 seconds in. My reaction. Damn youtube never works.

He's one of the coolest looking Preds out there.:cool:

I'd agree. Being no Predator expert in terms of movie or HT, does this appear to be on the same body as Predators figures (Classic, Falconer etc). I am thinking of picking up Classic or Shadow and this guy but undecided.

looks like we got a bunch of slap jawed neca fans complaining here.

Except the NECA version also had a rough-textured helmet. :lol:lol:lol

necapredtru5.jpg

I'd also like to raise the point that NECA's P2 mandibles aren't all that accurate either. They, too, went for the half-open look and made the tusks look too big. Albeit not as much as HT, but still.

6696710921_e4e62e459f_z.jpg

And seriously guys, what re-use? The armor, headsculpt (including the mandibles -- they only re-used the pose), and dreads are completely new. :dunno And for $220? Ordered via the affiliate link.

Back