Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone has a picture of modded P2 with 2.0 body + old head sculpt? Kinda curious whether old armor works on new body or not. I really hate plasticky, lazyily-designed armor of 2.0.
BTW my old HT P2 BD is coming and if all else fails, I'll mod it to do rooftop-crouch scene, just like my old P1 which is now being modded for slinging-on-a-tree diorama.

Kinda curious whether old armor works on new body or not. I really hate plasticky, lazyily-designed armor of 2.0.
old armor won't work!
1) chest is much bigger, legs and feet much thicker. you can make some modifications of course, but the result will not look good.
2) though new armor has truly lazily sculpted details, proportions-wise it's much, much better. plus it doesn't have that gloss layer like on the 1.0 figure, which is better as well.
what can i add to persuade you? i'm the greatest hater of tsang's sculpting ever, and i'm still saying this ^.

old armor won't work!
1) chest is much bigger, legs and feet much thicker. you can make some modifications of course, but the result will not look good.
2) though new armor has truly lazily sculpted details, proportions-wise it's much, much better. plus it doesn't have that gloss layer like on the 1.0 figure, which is better as well.
what can i add to persuade you? i'm the greatest hater of tsang's sculpting ever, and i'm still saying this ^.

By these details it sounds like HTs' Predator line was one of the most lazily done lines. What I hate about the city hunter 2.0 most are the length of the dreads. When I looked at videos I thought the crown of the head was too small even to my liking with the accuracy already not being correct. But when received in person I was wrong. Still inaccurate but good for me. The dreads, as I showed in a post on here replaced with avp 2.0 elder Pred dreads which fall nicely and are better length.

+now I'm just wondering how to remove the armor and waist without breaking the parts. I want to put on the classic Pred body armor and avp waist armor but don't know how to go about removing City hunter armor. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By these details it sounds like HTs' Predator line was one of the most lazily done lines.
both predators and aliens of HT are so terribly inaccurate that i don't even know what to compare them to.
which is absolutely terrible for me, as original predators are my favourite characters of all (may be even more than T1).

+now I'm just wondering how to remove the armor and waist without breaking the parts. I want to put on the classic Pred body armor and avp waist armor but don't know how to go about removing City hunter armor. Any suggestions?
no suggestion is possible, just explore the armor until you find a glued seam and then take it off.

visit these two pages, not only they have photos of detached armor with perfectly shown exposed joints, but also a small instruction of reattaching (below photos).

https://www.monkeydepot.com/Armor_Hot_Toys_City_Hunter_Predator_Chest_p/ht1448.htm

https://www.monkeydepot.com/Armor_Hot_Toys_City_Hunter_Predator_Waist_p/ht1444.htm

HT1448-4.jpg
HT1444-3.jpg

plus may be you just have to get a nude P2 body from ebay where everything's already taken off.

both predators and aliens of HT are so terribly inaccurate that i don't even know what to compare them to.

no suggestion is possible, just explore the armor until you find a glued seam and then take it off.

visit these two pages, not only they have photos of detached armor with perfectly shown exposed joints, but also a small instruction of reattaching (below photos).

https://www.monkeydepot.com/Armor_Hot_Toys_City_Hunter_Predator_Chest_p/ht1448.htm

https://www.monkeydepot.com/Armor_Hot_Toys_City_Hunter_Predator_Waist_p/ht1444.htm

Thanks! I'll take a look at all of this when I get the chance.

which is absolutely terrible for me, as original predators are my favourite characters of all (may be even more than T1).

HT1448-4.jpg
HT1444-3.jpg

plus may be you just have to get a nude P2 body from ebay where everything's already taken off.

Not really into getting whole new body don't have money for that. I would do that if I was thinking about modding one to do a 4 armed predator. I saw such a thing with their lore on YouTube last month and was like wow can't believe that actually exists in the Predator stories=crazy if Hot Toys would do something like that!

Good luck trying to put the damn skirt back.. a total pain in the a$$

Oh boy well hopefully the new skirt will suffice to where I don't have to do that. I plan to get an avp elder Pred 2.0 skirt and hopefully that will solve things in terms of new look.

Well, it's a halfway decent head sculpt and you get the Desert Eagle with laser sight. Other than that, everything else is wrong. Shirt has no breast pocket, he had totally different pants with that shirt in the first act of the movie, wrong shoes, the 1715 pistol and smart disc are painted better from Hot Toys, he never had a knife like that in the movie.

congrats slikkerias!
damn. that figure sucks. for the money it's... ok i think, we're getting clothes and head. accessories and body can go to trash can right away.
i hope i have a right to say this, as i'm waiting for it to arrive as well.

congrats slikkerias!
damn. that figure sucks. for the money it's... ok i think, we're getting clothes and head. accessories and body can go to trash can right away.
i hope i have a right to say this, as i'm waiting for it to arrive as well.

Hehe thanks, but I didn't buy it. Yet.

Back