Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just give me newly sculpted mandibles unique to P2, a smooth, lighter colored Bio..and I'll be happy enough.

you guys are seriously not pleased with this??? Best pred yet hands down, he looks insane. I see some complaints stating its the same body as shadow and the super preds... Wasn't it already established that they would be reusing that mold?

Just got back from a business trip and I'm somewhat underwhelmed by this release...
There's just something odd about the body proportions of the HT preds, it just doesn't look right.
Still, I'm not as accuracy obssessed about preds as I am over aliens, so I'm tempted to get this one.

Had a look side by side of this and shadow and the heads are definitely not the same, the brow is the most noticible and the teeth on the open mouth mandibles point in different directions! However the closed mandibles look recycled

Last edited:
579539_10150649818617344_58690437343_9476253_1431615464_n.jpg
Looks like they're actually using silly putty to attach the skull to that hands since they were to cheap to include a left and that can hold things.

with the bio on and with the breather mask on he looks like p2. It's when you have the face showing he doesn't. I do like how big his head looks with the bio on and that's how I'll probably keep him. I have to agree with everyone who says the original p2 head looks better. I'm more into sculpt than paint and I like the sculpt to the head of the original p2 more than this one. Overall as a figure I like this one better tho. Basically everyone who turned a p2 head + armor + shadow body into customs have the best p2 figure.

I miss the splayed hands, honestly. Classic had them. Not sure about Shadow (too lazy to go upstairs and check).

As far as the mandibles, it's possible to customize the figure by using the ones from the original P2 or Lost. Repaint them, then either permanently fix them to the new head (in which case you might want to buy a spare noggin) or shave away/add to the plastic inserts as needed to make them fit into the new head's holes. Everything from the upper-jaw and up looks dead-on IMHO.

this is a sad re-release------
why no company from hasbla/matty and now ht focus on new stuff and keep trying to make a ez buck by these re-release,
thanks ht for letting me keep my funds to better things than this -----------fre**in morons--------------
please re-release the blade so you can kill the only valued item in your collection------
dx11----will be dx09 redone---with the flynn base

Yeah I agree with blade. From the eyes up he's p2. I don't mind the over-textured bio. Not a big deal. And in all honesty the gripes I have with it were not enough for me to not buy it. As soon as bbts had him up I pre-ordered.

As far as the mandibles, it's possible to customize the figure by using the ones from the original P2 or Lost. Repaint them, then either permanently fix them to the new head (in which case you might want to buy a spare noggin) or shave away/add to the plastic inserts as needed to make them fit into the new head's holes. Everything from the upper-jaw and up looks dead-on IMHO.
It's not dead-on actually. If you look at the comparison pic from several pages back, you can see that the..noseish area is way too wide on the HT figure..and the bottom center of the head crest doesn't seem to have the erm, split that the screen-used version does.
Not complaining about those issues though, I'd be happy with just the mandibles and bio fixed. Just somthing I noticed when looking at the two.

I was thinking about using the old P2 mandibles too, but I really don't want to pay $50 to have them repainted.

This sucks, just a few little things need to be fixed..

This guy's $200 on Razor's Edge, $200 at BBTS, and $197 at Alter Ego. Add shipping and it'll be about $210-$220. Considering this is how much Hot Toys asked for Guardian, it's not too bad a deal.

I was thinking about using the old P2 mandibles too, but I really don't want to pay $50 to have them repainted.

This sucks, just a few little things need to be fixed..

I think there are quite a few of us die-hards that were ready to spend $230+ on this guy (even more if it was fully-accurate). Just depends on what you hold most important in a collectible. That and which base you'd rather build on if you decided you wanted one of HT's two offerings (the old one or the new one).

Bottom jaw is wider than the upper jaw..which should be the opposite.

And yeah, I thought the head looked a little "fat/circular". Overall, it is.
But especially the lower part of the head crest/ridge thing. It should be more oval shaped. I think because of that, the figure's face looks less sinister.

I'm personally super excited for this release. I missed the boat with the original City Hunter and vowed that I would never miss another HT's Predator...and I haven't. Ordered!

Back