Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, now that I'm off my iPhone and looking at this on a 27" HD screen, this looks good! Still highly doubt I'll pull the trigger on it, but this sucker got a NICE paint job on it!

Hmmmmmm, I got some thinking to do now.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoqDYcCDOTg[/ame]

Yep, looks like its the same old story with Predators getting inadequate hands. I mean look at that - why is it necessary to have 4 different right hands and only 2 left, neither of which look like they could grip anything. Neca is negligent in this area too. WTF

Really, I'd rather see them scratch the fisted hands and make a left that can hold something. But, then everyone would complain they're no fisted hands for display.

HT just updated the spec pics on their official site.

predaputty.jpg

Is that the sideshow ex:rotfl Anyway I just pre-ordered this, it looks great, but we really need a harrigan to go with this line.

Is that the sideshow ex:rotfl Anyway I just pre-ordered this, it looks great, but we really need a harrigan to go with this line.

They should do at least some other human character from a Pred movie. Dutch was a definite good first, but I think everyone would much rather have seen Blaine rather than Billy- especially with completely incorrect face-paint and blonde hair (I mean seriously! A Native American with BLONDE hair?!). But if HT did venture that way, I don't think any humans from P2 would hold near the pizazz that the others from P1 have amongst the fans of the Predator films.

*Oh, and I'm only talking about from P1 and P2. Predators was a cheap attempt at a P1 knock-off, but definitely the best Pred movie since P2.

Blade, you're not helping me any here. Knock it off :tap

Oh, but I am. ;)
We all went through the same charades with Classic and he still came out a jaw-dropper. Everyone who owns him agrees he's one of the best (if not the best) HT Predators. Same with this guy. Imagine the two of them displayed together. New bodies and perfect paint apps.

And if you want to go for a trio, wait for the P2 Elder remake. The end result is three Super-Predators and three normal Predators, all with HT's current strengths packed in. You can't deny they'll look mighty fine on a shelf. Because they will.

:monkey3

Oh, but I am. ;)
We all went through the same charades with Classic and he still came out a jaw-dropper. Everyone who owns him agrees he's one of the best (if not the best) HT Predators. Same with this guy. Imagine the two of them displayed together. New bodies and perfect paint apps.

And if you want to go for a trio, wait for the P2 Elder remake. The end result is three Super-Predators and three normal Predators, all with HT's current strengths packed in. You can't deny they'll look mighty fine on a shelf. Because they will.

:monkey3

Well with Congress' brain-child of a move to cut the Air Force down by 25%, my wife is losing her job within the next year, so I gotta choose a little more carefully. And for people wondering how you lose your job in the military, she's a full-timer in the Air National Guard, and of the 2 units they're closing in the state we live in, hers is one of them.

Before anyone offers their sympathies, it's not toooooo bad. She's going to do a program that pays for her schooling to be a PA. It takes 2 years, and then she has to do 3 years on active duty, and they'll pay her over 2K a month while going to school. She has 11 years right now, so she'd have to do less than 10 on active after getting her degree to retire.

But enough of my financial woes, back to the thread. And stop "feeding on my mind" Blade :lol

That's why I said to hell with it and just modded up my own left hand for my P2 (along with numerous other mods).

watermark.php

:lol

SEE! To hell with that sprayed-on-tan looking paint job!! How could anyone think that's better! Stop kidding yourselves and call it what it is! Now that looks like crap compared to the new release!

Wait ...... no one is going to snitch me out for quoting a picture, are they? :monkey3

SEE! To hell with that sprayed-on-tan looking paint job!! How could anyone think that's better! Stop kidding yourselves and call it what it is! Now that looks like crap compared to the new release!

Seems like I don't even need to feed on your mind at this point. :monkey3

Wait ...... no one is going to snitch me out for quoting a picture, are they? :monkey3

No one said the body and armour was better just the head. The head in that pic on the new body would be P2 perfection for me personally. Not a fan of the skinny dreads all HT preds get now. I mean look at those older ones, they're big, they're juicy, they're 3 inches thick....

Whammyburger.jpg

Last edited:
522292_10150649820097344_58690437343_9476264_375541280_n.jpg

tumblr_l44jg21Bcl1qa1o5zo1_500.jpg

Maybe that was the expression they were going for with the closed mandibles?

This is what the retracted blades should look like:

predator_2_danny_glover_stephen_hopkins_007_jpg_ivce.jpg

When they tackle the new AVP's, they'll have to sculpt new dreads. Hopefully they'll be thicker and longer.

tumblr_l44jg21Bcl1qa1o5zo1_500.jpg

Maybe that was the expression they were going for with the closed mandibles?

I'd just use the open mandibles to replicate that scene.

Is it just me or is he lacking a dozen dreads or so...

And the lower mandibles are so damn long..... :monkey2

____, I really wanted this.

Yeah okay, the last comparison has convinced me not to purchase him.

I am strong. Someday the perfect P2 will come along...

Back