Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, so after thinking for a while..I have decided to not purchase this. Really blows, I was hoping they would change things with this predator, and he's my favorite.

The bio just makes zero sense to me. Why would they go through the trouble of adding a bunch of fugly bumps to it, when they could have not done that and it would have been much more accurate? :dunno

And the head sculpt. Like many others have said, it just feels reused. Only the top 25% of the head resembles P2 to me now. Especially after looking at the comparison pictures with the screen-used mask someone posted earlier. I was looking at it seeing all of these small inaccuracies and thinking "Man, if I knew how to sculpt..I would just go back and change a few of these things, and it would look 100x more accurate."

Why don't they do that? I really think they just don't care because it's not a human. It's just a Predator (one of the most unique and interesting creations of all time), who cares, people will by it anyway..

I could definitely see myself purchasing Celtic, or Chopper when they release them.. Since they don't have a face for HT to completely screw up. Maybe even Scar.

So, in the end, this just doesn't feel like P2 to me..and I'd rather save my money for somthing that is worthy of it.

Totally forgot about the NECA 19 inch P2 coming out..and knowing that the paint job on it should be decent enough, and the sculpt will be fantastic..plus the $80-$100 price.. I'ma just wait for that.

:dunno

I can tell from the pics and comparing it to my P2:

1. It's a different head with shorter dreads. And the dreads lay better as well.

2. Completely new body; way better than the big bulky one that the original P2 comes with.

3. Different hands as well. The original P2 never had any closed fists (only came with 4 hands as opposed to 6 now).

4. They fixed a lot of the armor (at least on the proto). The left shoulder armor is now the correct size. The Bone trophy is correct now (as opposed to a brown piece of wood on the original). The armor straps are leather and correct now (the original had beige colored string). The right shoulder armor piece is in the correct shape now; the old one hung like a football player's pad which restricted movement. That's why now, you can pose this P2 holding his spear up, something you couldn't do with the original. Also the chest armor fits better now; the original armor was kinda big and bulky. The waist/thigh armor looks like it fits better as well.

5. About the accessories: some people like me never bought the Battle Damaged version of P2. So things like the medical kit (which is a new sculpt) the oxygen mask, open mandibles and the severed arm ARE new for people like me. Plus the LED light up display for the wrist computer is new for everyone.

6. Accurate paint job on both the body AND the head.

Real Talk: This new figure makes the original P2 look like crap. Anyone who says differently either doesn't own the original P2 or hasn't actually looked at photos of it (stock, no mods) in a while. :lol

:exactly::goodpost::lecture

I meant to much of the same from Classic and Shadow...

Same body, same head, same hands, same armour with additions and tweaks, same spear, disc, trophy from berserker.

Hardly anything new, the mandibles particularly, i like it but it's too much like a variant of them than being as unique as it should

WTF are you talking about? You're started to sound like REDDICK with your senseless babbling.

Like devil says, this is a massive improvement over the first P2 in my eyes. Just compare the two bodies alone, and you'll see that there is no comparison. I can't speak to the nuances of how accurate the mask is or any of that, but this figure looks great, just like Classic did in comparison to the first P1 release.

looks like we got a bunch of slap jawed neca fans complaining here.
Nope, NECA and HT can skydive into an active volcano for all I care. I just want a god damn accurate mother ____ing Predator.

I simply stated my opinion, NECA's sculpt is more accurate and that's what I personally am going to go with regarding Predator 2. No one needs to act all butt hurt.

Like devil says, this is a massive improvement over the first P2 in my eyes. Just compare the two bodies alone, and you'll see that there is no comparison. I can't speak to the nuances of how accurate the mask is or any of that, but this figure looks great, just like Classic did in comparison to the first P1 release.

He does look a lot better and I prefer this new body type for the Predators. However, I still like the old style Predators too. I don't think I'd want to sell off the collection I built over the years just to replace them with these new guys. Displaying them together might be weird, though. Tough choices.

It's terrible. His mandibles does not looks like in a movie. What happen with his helmet? And where is a net launcher in specification?

I don't like his mandibles :(

But.... maybe it's better than nothing at all :)

When the BD P2 came out, people were amazed by the amount of accessories it came with. Now, people are saying this hardly comes with anything, when it has everything the 1st release had -minus the Alien skull trophy. The sculpt is off, proportions are wrong, mandibles ... same ol same ol :lol

Sounds like a bunch of NECA fanboys trolling the HT threads again. :rotfl

I'm enjoying the endless bickering again, please carry on :)

He does look a lot better and I prefer this new body type for the Predators. However, I still like the old style Predators too. I don't think I'd want to sell off the collection I built over the years just to replace them with these new guys. Displaying them together might be weird, though. Tough choices.
I really don't like the old styled Preds at all anymore :lol I've sold them all and felt no regrets about it. Currently I only have the Shadow and Classic.

I really don't like the old styled Preds at all anymore :lol I've sold them all and felt no regrets about it. Currently I only have the Shadow and Classic.

:(:(:(:(:(

I don't know, I'm still enjoying them, especially the Predator 2 Elder.

Last edited:
When the BD P2 came out, people were amazed by the amount of accessories it came with. Now, people are saying this hardly comes with anything, when it has everything the 1st release had -minus the Alien skull trophy. The sculpt is off, proportions are wrong, mandibles ... same ol same ol :lol

Sounds like a bunch of NECA fanboys trolling the HT threads again. :rotfl

I'm enjoying the endless bickering again, please carry on :)
Sprig, I like you, you're in my friend's list (I think), however, I don't see ANY NECA fanboy trolling going on here. In fact, it's usually the opposite.

Like I have to repeatedly say, over and over, I'm not a fan of NECA or HT. I really, really, really, really, really just want the most accuracy. And HT is capable of delivering this, but they simply won't. That's why I usually prefer the NECA figures over HT's. Because the sculpt is almost always dead-on.

I like this figure, it's cool, it's a huge improvement over the first release in the paint/detail department...but the MOST IMPORTANT parts of it are screwed up. Bio/face. And it's somthing easily avoidable..so as a huge Predator fan, I have a right to be disappointed.

It's terrible. His mandibles does not looks like in a movie. What happen with his helmet? And where is a net launcher in specification?

I don't like his mandibles :(

But.... maybe it's better than nothing at all :)

I am happy with my old HT preds!! but I want more. And I want better than these mandibles. Because I don't like new mandibles. :)

Please tell us how you REALLY feel about the mandibles...

Back