Hot Toys - MMS169 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Nick Fury

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everytime I get a UPS shipping notice from CSC it comes at the very end of the business day usually between 6 or 7 my time, Mountain Time Zone. Either they take a load there and it all gets processed or UPS comes there and scans it but every notice I have ever gotten comes at the end of the day. So I wouldn't expect a notice just yet.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Got him in this morning, my first Hot Toy ever. Took a few pics, playing with the light from my full size Cosmic Cube.

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

Geez! The size difference between those cubes reminds me of the cube from the original Transformers film that one can shrink down! Congrats on your first HT purchase! :wave

I've been charged, but NO shipping notice. I just sent them a polite email asking what the status was, assuming that since I'd been charged, the figure MUST be shipping within the week, right?
Right. We'll see. This is getting to be unnerving.

The whole UK situation with Forbidden Planet is really p****ing me off now....how hard is it to give someone even an approximate date in order to get your finances in shape..... Its just a Sodding lottery over here.

Rant Over

I now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

:panic:

The whole UK situation with Forbidden Planet is really p****ing me off now....how hard is it to give someone even an approximate date in order to get your finances in shape..... Its just a Sodding lottery over here.

Rant Over

I now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

:panic:

I don't think this is down to individual retailers. I too ordered about a month back in Australia and there is no sign of him coming.

Could be something to do with the suitcase stuff, either that or it's just been delayed across the board. It seems like a worldwide occurrence.

So I did the turtleneck mod on Fury, I used a Sideshow clone trooper neck piece that I had laying around. What do you guys think, keep or not?

IMG_0210_zps049f2619.jpg

So I did the turtleneck mod on Fury, I used a Sideshow clone trooper neck piece that I had laying around. What do you guys think, keep or not?

IMG_0210_zps049f2619.jpg

nice! reminds of his first appearance in iron man 1 (not sure though if he was wearing a turtle neck there, too dark to tell). great way to cover up the only part of this figure that suck bolz.

love this figure!

Well I am glad the mod got some kind words. If I get time today I am gonna mod the turtleneck, it is double layered so I could remove one layer and it wouldn't be so puffy. I just slapped it on and took a pic, I didn't want to waste the time if it looked like Shiza, Derived from the German cuss word "Scheiße" meaning "*****". :rotfl

In the off-chance that anyone else who ordered Fury through CornerStoreComics is wondering, my last email (sent yesterday) has gone unanswered.

THIS has me worried. For all my complaining about how INCREDIBLY LONG it is taking them to receive and ship this thing, they've ALWAYS been super quick to reply to email and have always been really polite. This is smelling worse and worse....

I'm hoping for the best with CSC. I kind of have to. I've always liked to pay for my figures in advance so I don't have to worry about three coming out the same day. I've got more than a half dozen figures paid for in full through them, including the Iron Monger. When I ordered Nick Fury I ordered Red Skull at the same time, so they have been holding onto the Red Skull until Nick Fury comes in. I feel like it will work out but I have been getting antsy feeling a bit in the dark as to what is happening.

Seeing as we aren't receiving any communication about the exact nature of the holdup, I feel completely free to speculate wildly.

So I will.

I'm starting to believe that they have Fury on hand and are waiting on some word about the lawsuit regarding the g0ddaMm suitcase. I think they are a small enough company that a petulant threat like this gives them pause. Other companies are just going ahead and filling orders, business as usual.

But I think CSC is spooked. And now I'M spooked. And getting kinda irritated. And at this point, I'm only irritated because they have my money and I don't have my toy. So there!

Last edited:
I saw my bank account and looks CSC charge for FURY last Sep. 17 and dont get any email wth the shipping info. :(

Back