Hot Toys - MMS168 - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark I (2.0)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well there you go. Thanks xenom0rph!

1.0 and 2.0 are the same height. So it really gets down to the paint details, the flame accessory and the new head as to which one you might buy. Or just find the best deal.

One thing's for certain, this should keep the value of the original high in time as so fewer were made.

That's good to know.

It does at least allow one to buy either version and be satisfied, which is good for the original collectors.

I will definitely be getting one version, just depends where I can find it for a good price. My guess is I'll be getting the 2.0.

Did HT said they will include the black regular HT stands with the movie logo for the next batch of release?

Sorry if this pic has been linked before, but does anybody know if this picture is taken with all the figures standing side by side or has it been cropped by Photoshop? Mark 1 shown in this picture is a 2.0.

Courtesy of Mr. Elljay,
6f1312acgw1dw3gsaksikj.jpg

These suits all look about the same height, which makes me wonder how much smaller can the 2.0 be compared to 1.0...

Original blog entry here.

I can't wait get this figure!!! :yess: my collection
Will finally be complete well till the mk7
Comes out. Here is the current display setup. I decided to
Make my own hall of armors display it also serves as a stand
For my tv.

EA56F15B-0BE5-495E-9AAB-A9F4867C12E7-13208-000010E79359802D.jpg

A450E849-3CF6-42DA-A4E3-1BBFF9B36B0E-13208-000010E7A71A22FC.jpg

AE626390-C0C2-40E1-A297-3A11608302A8-13208-000010E7BE046934.jpg

Sorry if this pic has been linked before, but does anybody know if this picture is taken with all the figures standing side by side or has it been cropped by Photoshop? Mark 1 shown in this picture is a 2.0.

Courtesy of Mr. Elljay,
6f1312acgw1dw3gsaksikj.jpg

These suits all look about the same height, which makes me wonder how much smaller can the 2.0 be compared to 1.0...

Original blog entry here.

I can't wait get this figure!!! :yess: my collection
Will finally be complete well till the mk7
Comes out. Here is the current display setup. I decided to
Make my own hall of armors display it also serves as a stand
For my tv.

EA56F15B-0BE5-495E-9AAB-A9F4867C12E7-13208-000010E79359802D.jpg

A450E849-3CF6-42DA-A4E3-1BBFF9B36B0E-13208-000010E7A71A22FC.jpg

AE626390-C0C2-40E1-A297-3A11608302A8-13208-000010E7BE046934.jpg

AWESOME displays! Looks like a toy museum! :hi5:

If final payment is Sept 10 then shipping should happen just a few days after that.

Yes sir! Thats why I am so exxited. Mark I has been missing from my collection for years. I'm thinking payment on Sept 10. Shipped @ the 12th. And I should have it by the 20th. :yess::panic:

@Vegas Vader- Nice, clean set up. Looks good, my man. You'll see a lot of members get a mass amounts of pieces, with really no room to display them, and their collection looks cluttered.

No diss on them, they just run into the problem a lot of us do- limited room. I'm selling off a big chunk of my collectibles due to that.

I'll use my home renovation skills to put some shelves in my den here shortly, but until then I got NO space!!! Right now though, finish my main bathroom at my house. It's about 90% done and cost me about $4-5,000, but the wife is overly happy, so money well spent. But daddy gets taken care of next! :D

@Vegas Vader- Nice, clean set up. Looks good, my man. You'll see a lot of members get a mass amounts of pieces, with really no room to display them, and their collection looks cluttered.

No diss on them, they just run into the problem a lot of us do- limited room. I'm selling off a big chunk of my collectibles due to that.

I'll use my home renovation skills to put some shelves in my den here shortly, but until then I got NO space!!! Right now though, finish my main bathroom at my house. It's about 90% done and cost me about $4-5,000, but the wife is overly happy, so money well spent. But daddy gets taken care of next! :D

Thanks!!:) I try to collect pieces that I think are a must have for me.. As much as I want to collect other figures prop replicas or statues, i have to consider the budget and the space as I only live in a small appartment..:-/ the display case was a fish tank stand and was given to me by one of my good friends all in all the cost was around 2 cans of flat black spray paint..:)

Thanks!!:) I try to collect pieces that I think are a must have for me.. As much as I want to collect other figures prop replicas or statues, i have to consider the budget and the space as I only live in a small appartment..:-/ the display case was a fish tank stand and was given to me by one of my good friends all in all the cost was around 2 cans of flat black spray paint..:)

I would not have guessed that. Great creativity you got there! :wave

Looks great Vader. I am currently using the detolf cases from ikea. I think your idea would've been much cheaper (a good thing) and I wouldnt have had to carry these heavy beasts up three flights of stairs. lol

A problem that occured with version 1.... occurs with version2 too...

As shown HT uses a spring which is rather flimsy and very prone to deformation/stretching ... due to the rather thin wire used. There's almost no going back from an overstretched spring, I attempted to correct a slightly deformed position only made it worst as shown with the top pic. As indicated in red I did a replacement with a smaller diameter spring (2mm as opposed to 2.25mm) but made of thicker wire thus has a higher resistance to deformation.

Just a caution to future owners... and a way to solve it should it occur to you.

post-5392-1346934789.jpg

Last edited:
Back