Hot Toys - MMS168 - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark I (2.0)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The proportions of the 2.0 look much better that the original when you see all the figures lined up together like that. I'm still keeping both figures, though.

ERI_7593.jpg

Is that why its shorter -- smaller TT?

If so, I'd put that puppy on a larger body -- but the armor and everything needs to be scaled up.

Taking it apart and assembling it won't be as easy without breaking and glueing the parts.

Besides, the older bigger TTs are very hard to source out nowadays.

If height is an issue to you, then I'd suggest getting the v1 and buying the parted out 2.0 head.

If height is an issue to you, then I'd suggest getting the v1 and buying the parted out 2.0 head.

I might do that, I'm just waiting for some more in hand pics to make a final determination. Someone said he'd put a whole review with compares up tonight.

But all things being about equal, I'll just get whichever is cheaper. Most likely the 2.0 will drop in price over the next few months... and even moreso if it comes out that it's even more under-scale.

Not too many buyers are as OCD as us. So I think it won't drop that much. Besides, I'm planning to display all of it in the hall of armor, so it won't stand out that much with all the other armors.

So as promised my video review:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKmVEOoyyPo[/ame]

Did a bit of height comparison near the end of the vid - Mark I 2.0 is definately smaller than all the other suits. No idea if this is movie accurate though...I thought it should be bigger.

Well there you go. Thanks xenom0rph!

1.0 and 2.0 are the same height. So it really gets down to the paint details, the flame accessory and the new head as to which one you might buy. Or just find the best deal.

One thing's for certain, this should keep the value of the original high in time as so fewer were made.

Well there you go. Thanks xenom0rph!

1.0 and 2.0 are the same height.

xenomOrph concluded his post with "Did a bit of height comparison near the end of the vid - Mark I 2.0 is definately smaller than all the other suits. No idea if this is movie accurate though...I thought it should be bigger."

xenomOrph concluded his post with "Did a bit of height comparison near the end of the vid - Mark I 2.0 is definately smaller than all the other suits. No idea if this is movie accurate though...I thought it should be bigger."

Yeah, I know. Mk 1.0 is also shorter than the other suits. Since its the same exact molds one can surmise its the same height, maybe 2.0 is even shorter since Robbie said it used an even smaller body.

But for most, 1.0 and 2.0 are about the same size -- incorrectly SMALL.

I just got my final payment notice for Sept 10. It looks like this will be shipping out before the end of September

Yeah, I know. Mk 1.0 is also shorter than the other suits. Since its the same exact molds one can surmise its the same height, maybe 2.0 is even shorter since Robbie said it used an even smaller body.

But for most, 1.0 and 2.0 are about the same size -- incorrectly SMALL.

I don't know for a fact that its a smaller body, it just the idea was passed around that it could be culprit. Also the V1 body was probably the older TT that had wider shoulders and seemed larger.

I'm definitely keeping my V1 and have just purchased the V2 head for him. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Other then the new head, the paint jobs are not different enough to warrant a completely new figure. And I have no use for the other stuff.

Back