Hot Toys - MMS168 - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark I (2.0)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's gotta be the true type, V1 was using the very old body (before the narrow shoulder ver) I think it will help it lookbetter next to the other armors, personally thought v1 had too much bulk, but whatevs

I think your right that its because of a different TrueType.

I'd love to see this next to a mark IV or VI or something I can get a sense of the actual height from....

Paintwork is clearly superior here. Bummed about the missing elbow bar on the right arm.

Aw man, with these comparason pics, I am even more confused as to what to do.

Sell my old one to buy this one or not?!

Eamon, take a deep breath bro.

Let's see if I can help...

Do you display your Mk.I ver.1 with the helmet in the open position?
If not, keep it.

I get mine tomorrow and will post an in depth unbox and comparison video with the different suits I have at the moment. Though NO comparison vid with the first Mark I...unfortunately this I don't have.

Eamon, take a deep breath bro.

Let's see if I can help...

Do you display your Mk.I ver.1 with the helmet in the open position?
If not, keep it.

I never opened it. But it bothers me knowing how crappy that face is under there.

I think i will wait and see what xenomorph's comparison video is like.

Based on comparrison pics im glad I stuck with my version 1.0. Not enough difference to warrant upgrading, especially since my Mark one is display faceplate down.

Heres 2.0 next to mk2 AU pic by Hyatt

ERI_7593.jpg

It's gotta be the true type, V1 was using the very old body (before the narrow shoulder ver) I think it will help it lookbetter next to the other armors, personally thought v1 had too much bulk, but whatevs

Well, considering years ago they complained about the v1 being too small. Now in todays view the v2.0 height is fine in their view. Void was right about this place being fickle.

That's BS! I bet they probably thought nobody would notice...

Even more so for things like this.

That's BS! I bet they probably thought nobody would notice...

They probably did that (and not include the normal stand base) so as to not have their products cannibalize one another, and yet fulfill late comers who missed out on the original mark I.

The only ones who will get pissed off are the original owners who sold their v1 to upgrade to the 2.0. :rotfl

I get mine tomorrow and will post an in depth unbox and comparison video with the different suits I have at the moment. Though NO comparison vid with the first Mark I...unfortunately this I don't have.

Will be looking forward to it! :wink1:

I never opened it. But it bothers me knowing how crappy that face is under there.

I think i will wait and see what xenomorph's comparison video is like.

You could always get Skiman to paint it?

The only ones who will get pissed off are the original owners who sold their v1 to upgrade to the 2.0. :rotfl

FOOLS! :mwaha

Not sure it warrants a laugh but it does make you wonder if the price of the original will now go up.
There was a time when he was going for $500.

Possibly . . . considering the first version is superior if one disregards the facesculpt. :duh

I can't believe the "improved" version is actually smaller!

"Improved" and "Limited Edition" are meaningless words now when it comes to HT. :slap

___

We should be getting a review tonight that might dispell all this mucky muck over the figure. I sure hope this new one is improved enough to get me passed the "short" height. OMG said the new version is clearly superior in paint aps, which I think we all see. The real curiosity is the missing elbow guard and the height.

That said, whichever one ends up being the cheapest deal, that's the Mark I for me. :D

FOOLS! :mwaha

Possibly . . . considering the first version is superior if one disregards the facesculpt. :duh

I can't believe the "improved" version is actually smaller!

"Improved" and "Limited Edition" are meaningless words now when it comes to HT. :slap

___

Actually I sold my v1 to upgrade to the 2.0 as well :monkey2 :lol

Back