Hot Toys - MMS168 - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark I (2.0)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the Stark head a separate piece from the helmet? Can you have the helmet on the figure without the Stark head....say if you want to put the suit into a HOA?

IMO, this figure does not warrant a die-cast remake, at least not soon enough. The 2.0 is very good -- paint, proportion, sculpting. Even the 1.0 still holds up, Tony Stark headsculpt aside. Mark III is a different story, it's the armor that's been calling for an updated, much improved version and I think even proud owners of its first release would agree.

If Mark 1 gets the die-cast treatment, HT would have to come up with a sturdy base body that could support the additional weight of the diecast plates, since it's the figure that has an actual "human body" inside.

Is the Stark head a separate piece from the helmet? Can you have the helmet on the figure without the Stark head....say if you want to put the suit into a HOA?

The head is GLUED to the helmet. If you wish to have it diplayed in the HoA with the illusion that there's nobody inside the armor, perhaps covering the eyes of the helmet with a black piece of paper from the inside can give that look, without having to deface the figure (literally and figuratively). Worry not about the neck, it's well-covered by the collar of the undersuit. It can only be seen from the sides.

Not sure why I can only find people selling the exclusive mint in box instead of the regular edition. What was the exclusive piece?

Exclusive came with a Hologram Mark I piece.

Not worth the exclusive, I will keep hunting until someone will take my money, lots of them selling on Ebay for less than I would pay, but no one will ship outside the US, I don't get that, there are a lot of collectors outside the US with lots of money to spend!

You should've seen before, the 1.0 was over $1k. It was impossible to get

Yeah, I heard. But I wasn't expecting that 2.0 would reach the 500-mark on ebay given that it's fairly new an it's a remake. And I got another one just this weekend for just $180, though it had some problems that a few drops of superglue easily solved (it wasn't broken, just a case of HT's poor glue is all).

The exclusive sells for just over $300...been watching trying to get one, no one will ship outside US and they are going unsold for less than I would pay...online classifieds are selling for less than $300...

Finally got to clear a shelf on one of my detolfs after selling a few figures, now my Mark I is no longer jammed with other figures. Also got to unbox my new Iron Patriot at last, almost a week after getting it for a great bargain price :)

10697295_10152436440331592_6769859361740143600_o.jpg

Back