Hot Toys: - MMS165 - Spider-Man (black costume version) Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone attempted to pull this pose off with black spidey yet? would look even better using red spideys building base.
spidey3.jpg

It's an impossible pose with the HT spidey. The cloth will rip apart if you pose it in that position.Not even close. :wink1:

Really? thats a shame looking at the picture it doesn't look to complex, but saying that i don't have it in hand so i don't know the limits of the fabric, i suppose its similar to the iconic red spidey pose where he is crouched with hands in front which can't be done either if i remember from reading a post a while ago.

To those who own both the Black and Red Spideys, which one do you like best?

I would like to pick one up and I am thinking of going for the red classic but the black one does look very nice, some great pictures in here.

Can't go wrong etherway, but being that r&b spidey will cost the same or more than black spidey, I would go with black due to the fact you get the parker sculpt. Btw I just got and opened my black spidey and he is all kinds of awesome:yess: I have'nt got into the base yet but spidey himself is great, looks beautyful and the joints are nice and tight but pose very well. I got a new ttm18 to make a parker custom so I will be busy having fun tonight:)

Just got mine in today, and it's an awesome figure!!

For me it's definitely better than the red and blue spidey. The fabric's better, the joints are tighter, and the Parker HS is fantastic!

Just got mine in today, and it's an awesome figure!!

For me it's definitely better than the red and blue spidey. The fabric's better, the joints are tighter, and the Parker HS is fantastic!

:goodpost: You nailed it, I just set them both up in my detolf together and your points are right on the money.

BTW :welcome1: to the :FREAK:s

Both have equal strengths and weaknesses. The red and blue looks amazing and so iconic of Spider Man. Black is slick and clean with a really fantastic head sculpt. Both are equal but different in my eyes.

:goodpost: :exactly:

Mine are on the way, but from examination of all the excellent pictures here...I already think this.

Brilliant mirror pose, by the way.

Can't go wrong etherway, but being that r&b spidey will cost the same or more than black spidey, I would go with black due to the fact you get the parker sculpt. Btw I just got and opened my black spidey and he is all kinds of awesome:yess: I have'nt got into the base yet but spidey himself is great, looks beautyful and the joints are nice and tight but pose very well. I got a new ttm18 to make a parker custom so I will be busy having fun tonight:)

The black certainly sounds like the better option plus the new Spidey film might be a better choice for a red and blue suit?

I am very close to ordering this if I can't get a Godfather figure.

:goodpost: You nailed it, I just set them both up in my detolf together and your points are right on the money.

BTW :welcome1: to the :FREAK:s

Thanks man..

I just know I'm gonna go crazy this year with Avengers and all that.. I'm new with Hot Toys and I sold all my other collections to go exclusive with Hot Toys (Marvel only though.. It's an expensive hobby. LOL).

Anyway, I don't think anyone will be disappointed with the Black Spidey figure.. Definitely one of the best HT ever done...

Does anyone know if you can customize the R&B Spidey so that I can use the Peter Parker HS on it? I thought I saw a picture a couple of pages back of a R&B Spidey with a Parker HS...

Yes you can but I'd only suggest it to the most skilled customizers. It involves cutting the suit and once you do that, no backsies. It's a very unforgiving mistake if you don't get it right it would seem.

If you scour the thread, either this one or the r&b thread, you'll find it. Pm the guy who did it.

Does anyone know if you can customize the R&B Spidey so that I can use the Peter Parker HS on it? I thought I saw a picture a couple of pages back of a R&B Spidey with a Parker HS...

Yes you did but...

Yes you can but I'd only suggest it to the most skilled customizers. It involves cutting the suit and once you do that, no backsies. It's a very unforgiving mistake if you don't get it right it would seem....

Here it is for the folks much braver than me, mine has not even arrived yet and I wouldn't dare do this to him!

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4483646&postcount=7882

...More detail,

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4501079&postcount=7912

I think the only REAL challenge to it is making sure you cut at the right seem. Which, of course, is huge. Then its a little stretching and glueing. One board member even pointed out the seem they used. If I had more funds, I would buy a second one and do this so I can put the Peter Parker HS on it. There is just too much down the pipeline for me to be buying seconds of things.:pfft:

It's just a costly mistake if you get it cut in the wrong spot. It's not like you can just replace the suit.

I wouldn't say don't do it but be prepared for the worst should the mod go wrong, ie, buying a whole new figure.

I'd be happy to do the mod for you if you'd like.

Back