Hot Toys: - MMS165 - Spider-Man (black costume version) Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of all the figures I've gotten recently, DX Joker, Jake Sully, Babydoll, this is the one that I keep coming back to, fiddling with, posing and reposing. It's just so much fun to do, it's a great figure.

I think what makes this one so like able is the fact that it's simple and doesn't have a bunch of accessories getting in the way of dynamic poses. You are able to pose it however you like with complete freedom. It's very refreshing.

As much as I loved having jack sparrow DX it seemed like all the stuff was a hindrance when posing. Not that it was difficult to pose just that there was a lot of futzing to do. Spidey has none of that.

Just secured me an exclusive one of these babies, sourced from my local supplier. Price at £200 (a fraction under $310) complete, which when you consider that it's the exclusive (which SSC do not seem to offer to us UK residents) plus the cost of getting one in from places like Forbidden Planet or even a US site - with all the subsequent import taxes - would be considerably more...I am very happy with this price indeed.

Plus the supplier is a friend and I have no problem pushing a bit of business his way in the hard times.

I did not know sideshow does not offer exclusives to the uk, that sucks:( wonder why that is:dunno

I think what makes this one so like able is the fact that it's simple and doesn't have a bunch of accessories getting in the way of dynamic poses. You are able to pose it however you like with complete freedom. It's very refreshing.

As much as I loved having jack sparrow DX it seemed like all the stuff was a hindrance when posing. Not that it was difficult to pose just that there was a lot of futzing to do. Spidey has none of that.

:goodpost:This is very true, Although I basing my opinion on the red and blue version as I'm currently awaiting my regular black spidy to open:impatient:

I just can't put my Spidey down either, I am having a blast, Here is my latest pose.

43A84FCB-orig.jpg

I was'nt saying that its not true, just saying that it sucks for uk collectors and I was wondering why they will sell you a regular but not an exclusive:dunno

No, that's fine. Didn't think you'd meant that. And believe me, I am just as confused as you are! To me that is just a :slap choice.

Still, I now have a Black Exclusive Spidey (with 'hammer-hand') and a Red/Blue Spidey on the way! Such great looking figures, I had to have both. Despite SSC's attempts to foil my plans...:pfft:

John Kelly Collectibles. His web site is under construction so not up yet. I normally call his business number with my requirements and he calls back or emails with details of if/where/when he can get them.

He's very friendly and very flexible.

No, that's fine. Didn't think you'd meant that. And believe me, I am just as confused as you are! To me that is just a :slap choice.

Still, I now have a Black Exclusive Spidey (with 'hammer-hand') and a Red/Blue Spidey on the way! Such great looking figures, I had to have both. Despite SSC's attempts to foil my plans...:pfft:

:exactly: They still have a lot of exclusives in stock for awhile now and not just spidy ether, they have the classic pred, mark 2, and some others. They would likely be gone if they were open to all customers.

Blame Hot Toys on this one. They typically only license retailer exclusives for certain specific markets.

That might be the reason, but again kinda silly to exclude certin fans and collectors. Don't see how that helps there brand:dunno cause the more there stuff seats around on store shelfs the less collectible they seem. Gone are the days when pre-ordering is required to get these things and now even the exclusives are not so exclusive:lol

To those who own both the Black and Red Spideys, which one do you like best?

I would like to pick one up and I am thinking of going for the red classic but the black one does look very nice, some great pictures in here.

To those who own both the Black and Red Spideys, which one do you like best?

I would like to pick one up and I am thinking of going for the red classic but the black one does look very nice, some great pictures in here.

Both have equal strengths and weaknesses. The red and blue looks amazing and so iconic of Spider Man. Black is slick and clean with a really fantastic head sculpt. Both are equal but different in my eyes.

I find the black suit to feel more durable. My R&B one has the suit pulling away from the left boot. That is with minimal posing. I also like what they did by making the head seperate. R&B can look stupid unless you pose the head fully back to get rid of the slack. But both are equally beautiful on a shelf.

Back