Hot Toys: - MMS165 - Spider-Man (black costume version) Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stop posting your video everywhere. the figure looks bad and to make it worst you are annoying.

Thats kinda mean:monkey2 Clipper is a cool guy, and you are intitled to your opinion of his custom but he can post his videos if he wants. Some of us like them, thought this video being daredevil should be posted in the custom section but I'm sure he posted it here cause it was a teaser at the end of his spidy review he posted here a few days ago.

Thats kinda mean:monkey2 Clipper is a cool guy, and you are intitled to your opinion of his custom but he can post his videos if he wants. Some of us like them, thought this video being daredevil should be posted in the custom section but I'm sure he posted it here cause it was a teaser at the end of his spidy review he posted here a few days ago.

but not in every thread....

Yes you can but I'd only suggest it to the most skilled customizers. It involves cutting the suit and once you do that, no backsies. It's a very unforgiving mistake if you don't get it right it would seem.

If you scour the thread, either this one or the r&b thread, you'll find it. Pm the guy who did it.

Yes you did but...

Here it is for the folks much braver than me, mine has not even arrived yet and I wouldn't dare do this to him!

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4483646&postcount=7882

...More detail,

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4501079&postcount=7912

I think the only REAL challenge to it is making sure you cut at the right seem. Which, of course, is huge. Then its a little stretching and glueing. One board member even pointed out the seem they used. If I had more funds, I would buy a second one and do this so I can put the Peter Parker HS on it. There is just too much down the pipeline for me to be buying seconds of things.:pfft:

It's just a costly mistake if you get it cut in the wrong spot. It's not like you can just replace the suit.

I wouldn't say don't do it but be prepared for the worst should the mod go wrong, ie, buying a whole new figure.

I'd be happy to do the mod for you if you'd like.

Thanks for the input guys! I'm way overseas, so it's probably too hard to get help from you. but thanks for the links, we have good modders here in my country, so this can be used as some sort of guide for them..

Thanks for the input guys! I'm way overseas, so it's probably too hard to get help from you. but thanks for the links, we have good modders here in my country, so this can be used as some sort of guide for them..

No problem. Good luck. If you need any more tips let me know.

This figure is simply amazing :clap and owning both black and red Spiderman I would give this the edge no doubt. Love the evil head sculpt look and the sticky suit material wins hand down.

Thanks man. It doesn't come with the Sandman base, but I had pretty much planned on letting that thing rot in the box anyway; so it worked out perfectly.

OK ____, I caved and tried to change the head. I swear I was holding the neck post as tight as I could, but it STILL cam out when I pulled the head!!! So now I have to figure out how to get the neck back in! I knew I should've just left the damn figure alone!!!

Now this might be a stupid question, but just wanted to double check before I put it back in. The neck post has a flat side and one side that has a bump in it. I assume the bump is supposed to be the "adam's apple" and faces the front?

Also, any tips on putting the damn thing back inside the suit? Do I put the neck in first and then attach the head, or attach the head and then try to put the neck in?

OK ____, I caved and tried to change the head. I swear I was holding the neck post as tight as I could, but it STILL cam out when I pulled the head!!! So now I have to figure out how to get the neck back in! I knew I should've just left the damn figure alone!!!

Now this might be a stupid question, but just wanted to double check before I put it back in. The neck post has a flat side and one side that has a bump in it. I assume the bump is supposed to be the "adam's apple" and faces the front?

Also, any tips on putting the damn thing back inside the suit? Do I put the neck in first and then attach the head, or attach the head and then try to put the neck in?

Bump in front. I would put the head on first and then plug it on so you get a little more to hold onto to force it on.

Oh and congrats on the purchase! And that is odd as my Spidey head barely locks on at all.

Yes ur correct,the bump side is the adam's apple. Keep the head off while reconnecting the neck to the body. You will need another person to get that neck in. Grab someone and have them pinch two areas on the backside and you pinch the front (adams apple area) forming a triangle. Each of you carefully/slowly pull open the suit. Take your other hand and insert the neck piece. Once locked in put ur head on. I had to do this a week ago. Good luck.

Bump in front. I would put the head on first and then plug it on so you get a little more to hold onto to force it on.

Oh and congrats on the purchase! And that is odd as my Spidey head barely locks on at all.

Cheers for that. Got my wife (after some eye rolling) to help me hold the suit neck open and I squeeze it in. Not too difficult after all. But the Peter Parker head doesnt seem to go very far into the neck post at all. I was trying it out before I put it on, and it holds tightly enough, but just seems like it should go further? Not sure. Seems tight now though.

Hhhmm can't help you there as I never put the Peter head on mine. I did this instead:

caae6e4e.jpg

Hhhmm can't help you there as I never put the Peter head on mine. I did this instead:

caae6e4e.jpg

yeah, I was thinking of doing something similar, but have no idea how to do a custom Peter Parker (eg. what parts to buy etc). May have to wait for the clipperking's youtube video on how he did his custom! What did you use for yours?

Cheers for that. Got my wife (after some eye rolling) to help me hold the suit neck open and I squeeze it in. Not too difficult after all. But the Peter Parker head doesnt seem to go very far into the neck post at all. I was trying it out before I put it on, and it holds tightly enough, but just seems like it should go further? Not sure. Seems tight now though.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl I can picture it, this can be an imbarrising hobby at times:lol Having to ask the wife to help fix your dollie:slap

Back