Hot Toys: - MMS165 - Spider-Man (black costume version) Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm looking to buy another Parker head sculpt so I don't have to keep switching. If anyone is not happy with the head and wants to sell it please pm me. Thanks.

012-1.jpg

009-8.jpg

002-5.jpg

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys: - MMS165 - Spider-Man (black costume version) Official Specs and Pi

Nova. You are so right. Spiderman 3 was a bad movie all together. :-/ the only good thing that came out of it is the Black suit Spiderman.

The "birth of Sandman" scene was pretty fantastic.

For those who own symbiote SM: is the mask completely glued on the head or would it be possible to remove it?

For those who own symbiote SM: is the mask completely glued on the head or would it be possible to remove it?

It's not glued down all the way. Only tacked down on the inside of the head. It's actually a bit movable. Everytime you switch heads you get a fearful sensation that the fabric will come off in your hands before the head comes off. It is removable.

It's definitely not something you would want to be taking on and off. With a little effort and patience the mask would be intact when removed.

I am so scared of trying to take the masked head off in case I screw up the webbing on the face or pull the neck joint off.

Do most people pose their Black Spiderman with the masked head or the Peter Parker head? Is there a poll somewhere?

It's really your preference. I'll display mine for a few days with the mask on then switch to the Parker head and reposition. Both looks deserve equal time IMO.

I like the Mask on better, the PP head sculpt is good, but I like the Spider-Man look, it works with the Sandman base better IMO. As for the removal of the head, I have done it once, Just to see if I liked it with the PP sculpt and I changed it back to the masked look. If you just be careful you should be fine with the head removal, fyi the neck post came with the HS.

Heres a quick pic of my current pose, he is hanging there with no support, only his thumb in Sandmans knuckle, it looks like he is avoiding a punch.

3A04C8DA-orig.jpg

Last edited:
It's really your preference. I'll display mine for a few days with the mask on then switch to the Parker head and reposition. Both looks deserve equal time IMO.

HA! You make it sound so easy to swap out!! I tried it, and the masked head is on damn tight! I dont want to put too much pressure on it! But I'm chicken since it's a brand new figure.....

Dont be too worried Chockey. I had to get a replacement figure because I recieved a damaged one. So in the meantime I tested out the damaged figure to see how wild the poses could get. When I initally tried to change out the head to the toby sculpt,the damn neck came off with it! I was like oh ____. Well with two people, getting the neck back in wasnt to bad at all. The neck fabric is super flexable. I also removed the eyes to straighten out the mask a bit. After it was all said and done, the figure was still mint. The neck fabric didnt stay over stretched and the eyes are a snap to get out. Bottom line is dont be afraid to get in there and give it a go. It can be intimidating handling these figures but they are made really well and are not as fragile as some think. I suggest grabbing right under the skull(top of neck) and pulling the head off with your other hand. Cheers

[ame="https://youtu.be/B2BQob_4c-M"]https://youtu.be/B2BQob_4c-M[/ame]Heres a new review , please have a look and let me know your thoughts :O)

Heres a new review , please have a look and let me know your thoughts :O)

Awesome review as always clipperking! Love the pose ontop of the diorama piece that came with the R/B spiderman. Will have to try and get that pose myself. Still worried about leaving him in that pose in case the suit deforms, but we'll see :) Thanks for the tips!

Yes great review Clipper, I got the exclusive a few weeks ago from sideshow but have yet to open it. The parker head is the big selling point on this figure, I love it. Can't wait to see your custom peter parker review!!!

Was thinking about getting the green goblin figure for awhile now and finally bought him. Under-rated figure. Good build quality.

I've changed my set up from this

7230737666_1a20f80af2_c.jpg

to this :yess:

7324260472_a1be4d8d72_c.jpg

and more shots
7324266286_e4169d34f0_c.jpg

7324267330_0b01ea01e5_c.jpg

7324268364_8d97542448_c.jpg

7324262394_0c6662636e_c.jpg

Back