Hot Toys: - MMS165 - Spider-Man (black costume version) Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys: - MMS165 - Spider-Man (black costume version) Official Specs and Pi

Photo1548-1.jpg

if there's one thing medicoms done right, it's the venom figure they made, I used to have it along with their carnage, and they were badass.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys: - MMS165 - Spider-Man (black costume version) Official Specs and Pi

if there's one thing medicoms done right, it's the venom figure they made, I used to have it along with their carnage, and they were badass.

the medicom venom is fine but kinda short compared to the hot toys figures

Photo1533.jpg

Photo1539.jpg

Photo1543.jpg

Photo1542.jpg

Photo1571.jpg

Nice pics! Does your Black head snap on alright? It seems mine won't go on all the way unless i push real hard(even then i never feel a pop) don't wanna break anything.

Any tip to get mine on all the way? (there seems to be a gap there and i'm pressing like hell, feels like it will break if i keep going) PP head goes on good.

Do you guys feel a pop or it snap on i don't? (on both heads)

This figure is so baddass looking in person the honeycomb pattern is great!

VERY cool custom PARKER...Just another week and he we will be webslinging to my house.......

Just got this figure in Taipei on Monday.

Just my luck that I didn't check the figure thoroughly upon purchase. Just glanced at it without opening the plastic casing. When I arrived back home, I noticed that the cloth area where the ass is was not stitched........ The white body underneath was exposed. This is not a case of the stitching breaking whatsoever. The ass portion was not stitched. It was as if Spidey had an outlet to relieve himself.

When I informed my wife, she had a good laugh remarking that perhaps its meant to be like that. So that he could spread his legs even further apart without tearing his suit......

Anywayz, she was kind enough to help me stitch the 2 to 3 cm unstitched portion for me. Now, it looks ok.

But anywayz, this figure even without defects would not go close to the top ten figures that HT has produced.

1) The HS is good, but it doesn't really look 100% Toby Maguire. The Christopher Reeves superman does, but not this one. 80% likeness tops. My wife who watched spider man 3 on TV just last month commented upon seeing my figure;" Did they change the actor?"

2) The HS seems a tad too large for the body. The spider man head is proportionate in size. But the HS........... I had to tilt his head a bit further forward without it looking too wierd.

Anywayz, this figure still looks good once posed the right way. But just not one of the best that HT has produced. Didn't give me the same excitement when I opened the Batman 89 or Christopher Reeves superman. :wave

A few posts deleted due to inappropriate pic posted, and responses to it. Please don't re-post it :monkey4.

Thanks peeps.
x :wave

more pics guy's plzzzzz......Do we think we could get a mj anytime or ever ? I realy like the new AMAZING spidey SUIT think will be very well done by ht tys....I still need the red blue orig ht tys ,need differnt comic versions to display with web/amazing/ spectacular/and mcfarlane spidey series was my favorite story's ........

I doubt anything else comes from this Spiderman license, HT is too far behind to keep all their promises (Venom). IMO everything will be ASM.

YES i know hot toys plate VERY VERY FULL but eventualy they have to break into this gold of release's VENOM, DOC OCK ,KRAVEN If ever gets into movie carnage/ rhino lists go's on ......cant wait 4 my 1st spidey........anyone ever use holloween spider webbing with spidey as display?

the medicom venom is fine but kinda short compared to the hot toys figures

I'm indifferent about size, having things an inch or two off really doesn't bother me. but still excited to see if hot toys does a venom.

YEA i like the medi venom but i know hot toys can make venom's suit LOOK AMAZING just a few heads no ERIC FORMAN!!!I hated him in spidey 3 and predator movie ,thank's for ruining those buddy... just want his evil hs and reg venom head no reveal head of forman if get will give away or store away forever.......

Last edited:

When is side getting a restock of this

Anyone wana custom paint the spider symbol white so I can see what it would look like? :)

Ill photoshop it later for you if someone doesnt do it first.

Back