Hot Toys - MMS163 - Predators: 1/6th scale Noland Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought it was unfortunate that Noland betrayed the the group and did not try to help them. I love the concept of him, someone surviving against these creatures on his own, scavenging weapons from defeated enemies and learning from them. Wouldn't it be cool if they had worked together using his survival skills and tried to catch one of the preds. Would have made a much more interesting story

He was awful.
Meh, I wouldn't say awful..and I don't think it was all his fault. I think some of the lines he was given were pretty bad. Idunno, I need to watch his scenes again.

But I still wish they went with someone other than FishbUrne.

I remember a bunch of people laughing in the theater when he took his bio off.

He had the potential to be a great character. Hell, they could have done a whole movie on the guy (his back story would be a good premise) but something got lost in the translation. The execution wasn't good and he ended up being a joke in the movie.

Noland Ronald (Air Cav) is one awsome and intresting charachter. He was the most important charachter along with Royce. He GAVE detailed descriptions on the environment they had woken up to (The Planet), and gave very detailed descriptions of the preds themselves and that there was 2 kinds involved in a blood fued. He did HAVE a very important role. If you guy's still don't undertand Noland's charachter concept, then shut the ____ up.Having been on the planet 7-10 seasons I can only imagine what his adventure experience felt like. That is what Robert Rodriguez (Producer) and Nimrod Antal (one fantastic director who did a phenominal job on Predators, had in-talks that they were going to discover Noland even further in a prequel. A sequel would later tell the events. So either-or direction is fine. BEFORE he got blown up, he gave the new group some intake on what they were in for. Even if it was ____ing 30 seconds you idiots, and he had said all that before his demise, STILL important- charachter role. King Willy in Predator 2 1990 had even less screen time than Ronald, and people seem to love his charachter. ( O because its Predator 2 1990 its a classic) GTFO here. Damn Hipocrits who would contradict themselves in a latter future topic endeavor. Laurance Fishburne is a iconic and reconizable actor on top of all that which makes this iconic figure as it is even more iconic. He's good at what he does, and he does it well. His charachter in Predators was Iconic. As they all ____ing say, (Opinions), We'll GOOD RIDDANCE to that. I'm a long time Predator fan, I know whats cool whats good whats not cool whats not good. I KNOW. AND Noland was AMAZING. But if the whole damn band is going to jump on the same wagon, GOOD RIDDANCE to you guys. Happy Hot Toys is making him, if you guys don't like it, make your eye's bleed then move on to your _____'s for all I care. Just go complain else were not here even though this is a forum. I have a better ideal, if you surley want to complain, 2 things don't do it at all or complain to your teacher, see if He or She is intrested. AND Amen to THAT!!!!. !!!!.

Nimrod Antal is a stupid moron, and a dumb director. He waited too long for the preds to show, tracker was the equivalent of chopper, barely any screen time at all... barely, Even Rodriguez says if he was directing he would have shown the preds way earlier and use then earlier, I love the movie but it took too damn long, too much talking and too much walking, at least in the original (which this one was ripping off) They were on a mission, and they killed the bad guys, so it was not the snorefest Predators was. And, I am a fan, I LOVED Berserker, Nimrod Antal is just a moron.

I thought it was unfortunate that Noland betrayed the the group and did not try to help them. I love the concept of him, someone surviving against these creatures on his own, scavenging weapons from defeated enemies and learning from them. Wouldn't it be cool if they had worked together using his survival skills and tried to catch one of the preds. Would have made a much more interesting story

Yes, I Hated that he betrayed them, I was hoping he joined them and at least died fighting, or at least See Him in Action, with the Mask on trying to kill Tracker or something, at least shooting the gun, that would have been cool,

Meh, I wouldn't say awful..and I don't think it was all his fault. I think some of the lines he was given were pretty bad. Idunno, I need to watch his scenes again.

But I still wish they went with someone other than FishbUrne.

I remember a bunch of people laughing in the theater when he took his bio off.

everyone in my Theater were laughing too, some people like really out loud, I heard a couple of "Morpheus BAHAHEHEHEHAHAAh" as well...:slap

Noland Ronald (Air Cav) is one awsome and intresting charachter. He was the most important charachter along with Royce. He GAVE detailed descriptions on the environment they had woken up to (The Planet), and gave very detailed descriptions of the preds themselves and that there was 2 kinds involved in a blood fued. He did HAVE a very important role. If you guy's still don't undertand Noland's charachter concept, then shut the ____ up.Having been on the planet 7-10 seasons I can only imagine what his adventure experience felt like. That is what Robert Rodriguez (Producer) and Nimrod Antal (one fantastic director who did a phenominal job on Predators, had in-talks that they were going to discover Noland even further in a prequel. A sequel would later tell the events. So either-or direction is fine. BEFORE he got blown up, he gave the new group some intake on what they were in for. Even if it was ____ing 30 seconds you idiots, and he had said all that before his demise, STILL important- charachter role. King Willy in Predator 2 1990 had even less screen time than Ronald, and people seem to love his charachter. ( O because its Predator 2 1990 its a classic) GTFO here. Damn Hipocrits who would contradict themselves in a latter future topic endeavor. Laurance Fishburne is a iconic and reconizable actor on top of all that which makes this iconic figure as it is even more iconic. He's good at what he does, and he does it well. His charachter in Predators was Iconic. As they all ____ing say, (Opinions), We'll GOOD RIDDANCE to that. I'm a long time Predator fan, I know whats cool whats good whats not cool whats not good. I KNOW. AND Noland was AMAZING. But if the whole damn band is going to jump on the same wagon, GOOD RIDDANCE to you guys. Happy Hot Toys is making him, if you guys don't like it, make your eye's bleed then move on to your _____'s for all I care. Just go complain else were not here even though this is a forum. I have a better ideal, if you surley want to complain, 2 things don't do it at all or complain to your teacher, see if He or She is intrested. AND Amen to THAT!!!!. !!!!.

If this doesn't scream "fanboy," I don't know what does. I personally liked Noland as a character and whole-heartedly understand why he was there, though I do wish they did more with him. A lot more to be honest. There was certainly potential, I won't deny that. Still doesn't change a thing when looking at this rant (and the section I boldened).

And who the hell said King Willy was iconic? Before calling people hypocrites, stop mistaking others' casual comments for high praise to set up your argument.

If this doesn't scream "fanboy," I don't know what does. I personally liked Noland as a character and whole-heartedly understand why he was there, though I do wish they did more with him. A lot more to be honest. There was certainly potential, I won't deny that. That, however, doesn't change a thing when looking at this rant of yours.

And who the hell said King Willy was iconic?

they needed someone older but strong looking, probably someone like Arnold in the first one but older now, someone that has lived and was getting older but could still kick your butt, which sadly Fatburn was not, he didn't look like he could survive eating a pork meal let alone hide and survive these super predators,
Even if Danny Trejo was put on Noland's character would have been more believable, seriously Imagine something like that, someone crazy but buff, Then it would have made sense, like I said earlier, I liked Fatburn's deliveryof the information and the jokes he made, but that character really needed someone that felt like an older arnold

IMGP2747.JPG

Maybe Noland didn't work because it was Fishburne. An unknown actor may have been a better option to use considering Noland was an unexpected character reveal in the film. It felt like Fishburne and his past characters had gatecrashed a Predator movie.

I'll buy this figure for sure to complete my Predator 2010 collection. He'll look great on my custom diorama as well.
And I think Noland is an interesting character too. Too bad he's joke in the movie. If I were directing it, I'll leave him at that but make Elizabeth said something that make him struggling inside, betrayed the group and survived the Tracker. And make him reveal himself again at the final battle. It is shown in the comic/ movie that he saw almost everyfight but didn't help any for him to "alive". But this time make Ezzy's shot near useless to Berserker because he's so strong, which make the big guy smash Royce more and finally, Noland saves the day by shooting plasma rifle on big bad's chest, Berserker then shot his blades at Noland, killing him and everything goes according to the movie.
Then Noland says his dying words to Royce: "Now I'm alive..."

Last edited:
How did NA wait along time to show the preds? There was a lot of little things to show before the preds that impacted the planet well. For Instance the hounds the rock structures the falcon the other aliens on aboard the hunting camp the crucified classic predator tied up the cages the falling soliders. The mud to the sand to the branches trees leaves the planet preserve stare down, it's all that up equals to about 30minutes of the film, not long at all. We see the first preds appearance at the 34 minute mark. NA is not a idiot, the guy did well. Berserker was a monster that brushed up his shoulders after getting into a fussed fight with 8 grenades. Pure Monster indeed which is why he is The Black Super Predator. Tracker and Falconer had there time shine equally.

Back